Peanut Butter Meltaways (Bear's Favorite Candy)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bear created a monster when he gave me that recipe. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my Favorite These things are Fantastic

Gary
Uh Oh!!

Meltaway Monster of East Texas!!! 
eek.gif

Could be up there with the "Chupacabra".

Thanks Gary,

Bear

I can't even stop.
Thanks Duke!

All you gotta do is pace yourself---One or two a day.

Bear

Thanks for the reminder Bear!  Just this morning I was thinking about what I could give as homemade food gifts this year.  A few very good friends and family are getting Mexican vanilla extract I've made.  The rest are going to get these peanut butter melt-a-ways!  They were such a hit the first time I made them, and they are SO FRIGGIN' ADDICTING!  If I didn't have a refrigerator full of homemade, meaty spaghetti sauce I'd make a batch right now because we've got all the ingredients.  MMMmmmmmm.     
Sounds Great !!

Glad you all like them!

Bear

Last edited:
[emoji]129300[/emoji] how can we get some smoke on these yet?
As much as I love most things smoked, I don't think I'd want my Meltaways Smoked.

Just like Pineapple----We have always toothpicked Pineapple Rings on top of a Ham when we heated them in the oven, and I always loved the baked Pineapple Rings.

I did the same thing when I double smoked Hams, and the Smoked Baked Pineapple Rings were lousy!!! IMHO

Bear

As I have Bear problems with to many recipes the daughter said great ideal for class party (she's a teacher kindergarten) wife going to make them for office party. I'm reviewing recipe will dark chocolate work wife likes dark chocolate. Sorry Bear I don't like reese cups not much on chocolate at all.

Warren

As I have Bear problems with to many recipes the daughter said great ideal for class party (she's a teacher kindergarten) wife going to make them for office party. I'm reviewing recipe will dark chocolate work wife likes dark chocolate. Sorry Bear I don't like reese cups not much on chocolate at all.

Warren
If somebody actually likes Dark Chocolate, they would like these with dark choc.

However more people don't like dark choc, so those people wouldn't like it.

Those who like Dark Chocolate generally like Milk Choc too, but those (Most) of us who like Milk Choc the best, Hate Dark Choc.

They say Dark Choc is better for you, but whenever somebody gives us a mixed box of Chocolates, we have to give away or toss the dark chocolate pieces.

So just because the person making the ones with Dark Choc likes it, doesn't mean everybody will.

Bear

Well John.  It took me til the 3rd Christmas after I first read about your Meltaways to actually make some.  WHAT A WASTE OF TIME...all those years were. 

I could have been eating these long ago.   
head-wall.gif

They are FANTASTICLY GOOD!!!!! 

I made up a batch this afternoon and put them in the fridge to harden up.  I'm feeling a little ripped off--there were only 99 Mini Paper liners in my box of 100.  I managed to get 65 meltaways out of the batch, 24 of which will go to my step-daughter in Calgary.  So easy to make--except for trying to use a ziplock bag with the corner cut off.  Certainly made for a messy job.  I can't even begin to count the number of times I had to stop and lick my fingers.  Sigh, just no rest for some of us.  
roflmao.gif
   Miss Linda and I were forced to eat a couple each --just for quality control you know.  Since she loved them too that means I have to share........or make another batch of them.

Thanks again for this recipe, John.

Gary

Well John.  It took me til the 3rd Christmas after I first read about your Meltaways to actually make some.  WHAT A WASTE OF TIME...all those years were. 

I could have been eating these long ago.   
head-wall.gif

They are FANTASTICLY GOOD!!!!! 

I made up a batch this afternoon and put them in the fridge to harden up.  I'm feeling a little ripped off--there were only 99 Mini Paper liners in my box of 100.  I managed to get 65 meltaways out of the batch, 24 of which will go to my step-daughter in Calgary.  So easy to make--except for trying to use a ziplock bag with the corner cut off.  Certainly made for a messy job.  I can't even begin to count the number of times I had to stop and lick my fingers.  Sigh, just no rest for some of us.  
roflmao.gif
   Miss Linda and I were forced to eat a couple each --just for quality control you know.  Since she loved them too that means I have to share........or make another batch of them.

Thanks again for this recipe, John.

Gary
Thank You Gary!

I'm glad you guys like them---Everybody seems to.

My Miss Linda didn't care for using a Ziplock either, but the "Candy Funnel" works Great, and it was cheap.

And Thanks for the Points!!

Bear

Bear,

me and my wife made these the other day and love them, she can only eat one as she says they are to sweet, so she is on the way to the store in the snow to get some simi-sweet choc chips to try in the next batch. She has done some research and the only difference is that we will have to add some butter to the chips to get them like the melting wafers. Will let you know how those turn out later today if all goes well.

Bear, I found this post the other day while reading through some of your step by steps, and instantly decided that I had to try these. The wife wasn't as enthusiastic as I was, but she bought the stuff to get them made.

After getting them made and in the fridge for a while I had to try em. These things are fantastic, and super easy to make. Another awesome recipe from you.

Thanks again Bear.

Mark

Bear,

me and my wife made these the other day and love them, she can only eat one as she says they are to sweet, so she is on the way to the store in the snow to get some simi-sweet choc chips to try in the next batch. She has done some research and the only difference is that we will have to add some butter to the chips to get them like the melting wafers. Will let you know how those turn out later today if all goes well.
That sounds about right.

If you read the first part of my original post, you'll see that I said there used to be a big Candy factory with an outlet that sold something like these, but with Dark Chocolate.

They were so-so for us, but we weren't crazy about them, because neither of us like Dark Chocolate at all. However many people like it & would love them with Dark Chocolate.

Either way---Enjoy!!

Bear

Bear, I found this post the other day while reading through some of your step by steps, and instantly decided that I had to try these. The wife wasn't as enthusiastic as I was, but she bought the stuff to get them made.

After getting them made and in the fridge for a while I had to try em. These things are fantastic, and super easy to make. Another awesome recipe from you.

Thanks again Bear.

Mark
Thank You Mark!!

Glad you tried them & like them.

Did the wife like them then??

I think you'll find that everything in my Step by Step Index is easy----If it isn't easy, I don't usually do it. 
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Bear

Mmmmmm    Sure look good, I love those things

Gary

Thanks for sharing this recipe it looks delicious and I think I will be doing this later today! mouth is watering thinking about it 

Thanks for sharing this recipe it looks delicious and I think I will be doing this later today! mouth is watering thinking about it 
You're gonna love it !

You just won't believe how good it is.

Let me know what you think !!!  I love hearing the reactions!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky