Pawpaw butter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

archeryrob

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Western Maryland
I wanted to make this stuff but spent to much time on hunting and other things and forgot about gathering them. Its like sweet and tangy once you add the lemon juice. This is going to be on my list every year now.

Attachments

• Pawpaw1_s.JPG
    Pawpaw1_s.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 41
  • Pawpaw4_s.JPG
    Pawpaw4_s.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 41
  • Pawpaw5_s.JPG
    Pawpaw5_s.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Pawpaw butter recipe.png
    Pawpaw butter recipe.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 49
But you don't need to use the claw, when you pick a pear of the big pawpaw.

Have I given you a clue?

Lots of those trees on the property I hunt. Good stuff if they are ripe. Nice and creamy! Never made a butter with them!

Sorry for ya'lls luck not having any around. You also wouldn't probably notice these if you didn't hike through them or where not a hunter. They only grow in the under story of the woods I have seen. I can't smell very good and pawpaws over ripened falling to the ground are one of the most fragrant things I think I have smelled.

These things are amazing taste wise and a huge PITA to try an eat without knowing how too. Cut it open like and avocado, scoop the half out with a spoon from the skin. Eat around the large kidney bean like seeds.

Next up is Rhubarb jam, but I got plenty of supplies growing right behind the garage.

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky