Patience Grasshopper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thunderbolt409

Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Why is it so hard waiting on a Brisket to get to wrapping temp????  I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.  

I started my 14 pound packer at 4:30 this morning and I am only at 160.  I hit a major wall at 153 and have been waiting patiently for several hours now. 

My will power is running thin. 
devil.gif
  I refuse to jack up the temp...  but I would like to eat before dark.  Unlike the rest of America...I have to work tomorrow...

Happy Labor Day.

Try & hang in there - it will be worth it! 
thumb1.gif
   A 14 lb. brisket can take a while. At 1.5 hrs/lb that's 21 hours. As for your stall - brisket can be funny like that & each one is different. It will be done when it decides it is good & ready to be done. You could foil it to help push through the stall if need be. For your next one that size I would start it much earlier - the night before - if you are on a time schedule. Don't forget the pics when you get it done 
beercheer.gif

Reactions: newsmokeguy
You could also separate the point from the flat. That will speed things up. But make sure to monitor the temps in both pieces.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky