Pastrami On Hold Til Tomorrow!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Was going to start some flats for pastrami for Nic… she loves the stuff…

Was all set… got out the gram scale… DONE! Tried everything and no go…. It’s DONE!

So ordered another… be here tomorrow….

Will start pastrami tomorrow as I am not guessing on cure#1. Just saying!

I'm in for the finish...

Well according to Google. One grain of salt equals .00005850 grams. So get counting old buddy.You don't want to disappoint Nic. LOL

Chris
A%2F%2Fi.makeagif.com%2Fmedia%2F6-01-2017%2FpnQ45F.gif

Don't you just love that , when it happens.

I am in for your run on Pastrami.

I am down to 7 more days in the fridge for my Porkstrami, in the brine to corn the 3 pork loins.
Then turn into strami.

This is the second batch ( of 3 ) as the first batch was wasted when the fridge pooped the bucket last month.
So with the new fridge , I seem to be checking a few times a day. Should not have to do that , but now
i just don't know . LOL old and anal.

David

Don't you just love that , when it happens.

I am in for your run on Pastrami.

I am down to 7 more days in the fridge for my Porkstrami, in the brine to corn the 3 pork loins.
Then turn into strami.

This is the second batch ( of 3 ) as the first batch was wasted when the fridge pooped the bucket last month.
So with the new fridge , I seem to be checking a few times a day. Should not have to do that , but now
i just don't know . LOL old and anal.

David

Sorry that happened to you David… I’ve been there unfortunately! I too was checking a few times a day after we lost everything…. Elk, beef, you name it… it was in there!

So, I got a few temp monitors and that put me at ease… knowing now if the temp drops past my set point… Nicole and I will get an alert on our phones. You may look into one of those!

knowing now if the temp drops past my set point… Nicole and I will get an alert on our phones. You may look into one of those!

Thanks Justin
Had the 2 temp senders in the fridge and the monitor on the outside of door. It is in a room that I am in for hours every night, reading or watching tv, etc.
And because of that, never set the alerts. ( look up Donkey hind end in dictionary and see my picture )

They are now in the 2nd new fridge :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_disappointed:

David

Reactions: crazymoon
1 tsp per 5 pounds . Been doing it for years .

Rich is it 1 teaspoon or 1 tablespoon ?

I have been using 1 Tablespoon per gal for 5-7 pounds of meat to be brined .
Or is this just a preference for what you like.

David

EDIT : I reread this maybe Justin was doing a dry brine and this is what you were answering to. Sorry if I did not read right. David

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky