Pastrami #1 (Qview)

Discussion in 'Beef' started by raptor700, Jun 16, 2011.

1. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Never tried pastrami until I saw Barbequeen post one.

It looked so good I had to try it (Thanks Barbe) [​IMG]

Of course, this being my first one I picked up a store bought CB Brisket. 4.5 lbs.

Soaked in ice water bath for 3 hrs, and crushed the season packet a little.

Rubbed with the seasonings and added some CBP

Smoked with pecan @ 225º till an IT of 190º Which was about 8 hrs later.

I bought this one because it had the point and flat together and I was going for flavor! (FAT)

It was great, I think the next one I will cure myself and give it a try.

It would be nice to make pastrami anytime i wanted.

Here it is going on the smoker

[​IMG]

Pulled and rested over night in the fridge

[​IMG]

Sliced and ready for some Sammie's.

[​IMG]

My daughter made a Sammie as I was slicing.

[​IMG]

She put it all together on a store bought Onion Roll [​IMG].......Ms Scars would have been better!

[​IMG]

She learned this from Guy Fieri,

I've gotta start turning the channel when she enters the room [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was great.

I vac sealed the rest, but it was all gone the next day anyway!

Thanks for viewing'

2. bamafan

bamafan Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Nice looks great! You'll be hooked now. My daughter has been hounding me to make some more. Congrats on the OTBS!. We need to get together.

3. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Raptor

Not only do you post some great Qview, you do it almost daily!   You are one of the most dedicated smokers on the forum.  Keep up the good work, been to darn hot for me to get off my duff to go outside to tend the smoker.  Maybe I'll lighter her up for the 4th but right now I sure don't want to hang around a hot smoker when it's over 100 degrees outside.

Keep the pics coming, if I can't do my own, at least I can enjoy yours.

4. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Man that is some great looking Pastrami for sure.  Maybe we can make a trade, I will send you some of Mrs Scars rolls and you can send me some pastrami. LOL that would cost us both a fortune. 

5. raptor700

It was great, Yeah we need to get together for sure!

Thanks my friend, I'm allways smoking something.

I just started documenting my smokes so I can share with everyone.

All you need is taste-o-vision and you would never have to go outside [​IMG]

6. raptor700

Thanks Scar.............

[​IMG]    You're right  [​IMG]

7. Excellent Q-view Raptor...I love me some pastrami. I made two right after St. Patties Day when the corned beefs were on sale and ever since then the wife has been bugging me to make more. Seeing your fantastic strami may force me to make more real soon. [​IMG]

8. raptor700

Thanks Race,Always willing to help out  [​IMG]

9. mmmmmmmmmm Amazing looking sandwich. I've been wanting to give it a try for a while. I;ll be shopping for a CB this weekend for sure. Thanks Raptor, great job.

10. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Great looking Strami Rap! I always stock up patty's day when they almost give them away. Yup, they don't last long. [​IMG]   [​IMG]

11. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

Looks great nice job[​IMG]

12. realtorterry

realtorterry Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks good for your first one!

13. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Raptor is just going nuts on us.  I never know what is coming next.

That is some great looking strami!

Good luck and good smoking.

14. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice Job on the pastrami...

15. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Pastrami looks great! Now you know you will never be able to buy a pastrami sandwich in a restaurant ever again!

16. shooter1

shooter1 Smoking Fanatic

Great job on the pastrami Rap! Thats one thing I haven't done yet that I have to do soon. Looks so damn good. You definitely have been pumping out the Q.

17. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks wonderful. I love Pastrami! That reminds me I have some in the freezer I should eat up.

18. africanmeat

africanmeat Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It look great i got 1 in my frige In a brine for the last 7 days it gos out tomorrow for the smoker i hope it will look as good as yours

19. Looks great. Love those onion rolls. Wait til you cure your own. It's even better. I do have one issue with your sandwich though. Mayo instead of mustard? [​IMG]

20. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

Beautiful looking pastrami, there, Rap! I can't believe you hadn't tried it before, I've started playing a bit with different spice mixtures, you would have to work pretty hard to screw one of these up! They come out tasty every time!  The hubby is totally hooked on this for his lunch meat.  I want to brine my own, but haven't gotten around to that yet.   Can't tell you how flattered I am that you found mine interesting[​IMG].  Cheers!