Parchment paper?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

robcava

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 20, 2015
CT
I've read a few threads about using butcher paper instead of foil for the stall on a brisket. I want to give it a try, but can't find butcher paper. I have parchment paper...anyone used that? Ok substitute?

I got my butcher paper on Amazon. A 900 foot roll, 18 inches wide for $24. More than you'll need in a lifetime. It does come in handy for other things like laying down paper to paint something. Also if you will Google restaurant supply in your area, I also found some there locally.

Parchment paper is fine. We buy it, when we need to at our local restaurant supply. It's 1000 sheets that fit standard sheet pans. We use it for everything. Drop clothes for rolls my dough, liners for anything that will stick to a pan, and wrapping meat and cooking it in. Good stuff.

Parchment paper is fine. We buy it, when we need to at our local restaurant supply. It's 1000 sheets that fit standard sheet pans. We use it for everything. Drop clothes for rolls my dough, liners for anything that will stick to a pan, and wrapping meat and cooking it in. Good stuff.

I see papiottes in your future... That's actually my signature dish!!!

It is my understanding that parchment paper is not as porous as butcher paper and will not breath as well while smoking (but I have never tested that out). 

I buy the parchment paper at Costco. Never considered using it as a paper wrap for BBQ. I use it for baking cookies, bread, pizza, etc.

I picked up butcher paper from Amazon. Got the 18", but wish I'd got the 24" for better single sheet coverage.

I use parchment for oven work. Were aluminum foil sometimes is used in the oven. I prefer it over aluminum foil. For the smoker I use the butcher paper.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky