Pandemic Grilled Shrimp and Salad

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Much like a lot of you we are trying to limit how much we head out to the stores and using up what we have on hand. A bag of XL frozen shrimp and some fresh chopped up veggies is on tap. Nothing special but figured I would share a few pictures I took.

Defrosted and peeled several shrimp and skewered them up. Lemon juice, garlic powder, black pepper, and parsley. The last three on the plate I couldn't fit on the skewers so decided they would make good chef's snacks.
shrimp1.jpg

Heated the grill up and tossed em on.
shrimp2.jpg

Quick 5 minutes or so and here they are.
shrimp3.jpg

Plated up with a fresh salad. Used some RW vinegar and tx smoker tx smoker garlic and herb evoo as the dressing. Mixed up some horseradish cocktail sauce on the side.
shrimp4.jpg

shrimp5.jpg

This whole meal took about 15 minutes to put together and was pretty tasty. Freezers are pretty stocked up full of meats. Will be interesting the next several weeks to see what we can come up with! Hoping to only have to go to the store for fresh veggies and beer. Thanks for checking it out. Yall be careful out there and stay safe!

John

Last edited:
Meal looks great John!! I just love grilled shrimp when I get the opportunity to cook them. Excellent job and beautiful plate.

LIKE!!
Robert

Great looking meal! Im pretty sure I could eat a few punds of those shrimp!

Let there be a pandemic all year long - if food is gonna be that good.

Point for sure
Chris

Meal looks great John!! I just love grilled shrimp when I get the opportunity to cook them. Excellent job and beautiful plate.

LIKE!!
Robert

Thanks Robert! Grilling them in probably my favorite way to do them now. The EVOO makes a hell of a salad dressing too.

Looks Mighty Tasty, John.
I'll take a nice plate like that, but lean heavy on the Shrimp, Please.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Nice! I was thinking about doing up some shrimp this weekend. This may have sealed the deal.

Hell yeah John! That’s my kind of meal!! Right in my wheelhouse!

Love grilling shrimp and summer all summer long! Save a plate for me please.

Like!!

Hell yeah John! That’s my kind of meal!! Right in my wheelhouse!

Love grilling shrimp and summer all summer long! Save a plate for me please.

Like!!

Appreciate it Joe! I think its funny everyone is buying up all the ground beef and chicken but you can get all the shrimp and fish you want. Fine by me Ill eat seafood all week!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky