Paddlers?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Missed this thread twice now.
Not a paddler.
civilsmoker civilsmoker
I remember the concrete canoe competition back in my college days. It was over 40 years ago and there was no CAD and composites were just entering the realm. Most of the entries were lucky to survive the first regatta.
I read your description of the hull design. Ever wonder why the tapered tail of a bullet is called a "boat tail"?

Reactions: civilsmoker
I went out yesterday for the second time this spring. My phone is usually in a dry bag so I rarely have any pics. I intentionally took some yesterday. This is lake Marion in SC. I found a nice boat ramp with quick access to waters that don't have bass boats running you over. I was doing some brim fishing but the bite wasn't on so I just paddled around the inlets, ponds and other places the boats don't go.
!0" Ascend kayak personally customized.

20230429_122756.jpg

20230429_122828.jpg

20230428_150124.jpg

20230428_134557.jpg

Headed into this little opening that led to a large pond of water.
20230428_142852.jpg

In this pond was a wood duck nesting box. I thought it was pretty cool.
20230428_150001.jpg

All in all it was a great day to get out and relax in nature. Next week I'm gonna try to get there earlier when the fish are biting..
-Pete

I went out yesterday for the second time this spring. My phone is usually in a dry bag so I rarely have any pics. I intentionally took some yesterday. This is lake Marion in SC. I found a nice boat ramp with quick access to waters that don't have bass boats running you over. I was doing some brim fishing but the bite wasn't on so I just paddled around the inlets, ponds and other places the boats don't go.
!0" Ascend kayak personally customized.

View attachment 664120

View attachment 664121
View attachment 664122
View attachment 664123
Headed into this little opening that led to a large pond of water.
View attachment 664124
In this pond was a wood duck nesting box. I thought it was pretty cool.
View attachment 664127
All in all it was a great day to get out and relax in nature. Next week I'm gonna try to get there earlier when the fish are biting..
-Pete
Very cool, what year is he Jeep with half doors?

I love to kayak. Waiting for the weather to warm up around here, but will be out there for sure in the RI and Cape Cod areas when I can. This thread reminded me that I have some bungee that needs replacement!

Thanks.
I'm gonna bring the other camera next week. Most all of those pics were taken while I was in 3-4 feet of water.

I need a soft top. I had a YJ years ago with both soft and hard tops. I loved to do what I called the Safari Roll when we would do a little wheeling in the desert. I would remove the door windows, the back window and roll up the sides..
I would love to find that same thing for the TJ. I can get a towbar and drag it down to the beach with shade and a breeze.

I need a soft top. I had a YJ years ago with both soft and hard tops. I loved to do what I called the Safari Roll when we would do a little wheeling in the desert. I would remove the door windows, the back window and roll up the sides..
I would love to find that same thing for the TJ. I can get a towbar and drag it down to the beach with shade and a breeze.
They make a bunch of top types for them

Nice setup man. The fish here are slowly warming up and getting more aggressive.
All in all it was a great day to get out and relax in nature.
People need more of this, society would be a better place. Unlike "Deliverance", I find that you meet the nicest people on the water, but always have 17 9mm HP's loaded - just in case.

Reactions: pit 4 brains
Got out Sunday for a nice long paddle on the Nottoway. Threw a beetle spin around all day. Caught a handful of small bass and a bazillion bream.

20230611_113629.jpg
20230611_113700.jpg

There was a bald eagle in that tree, but he rolled before I took the shot.

20230611_130315.jpg

We have no water up here would be scrape and walk beside boat most of the time. Sucks.
From what the banks look like, seems your levels are down too?
There was a bald eagle in that tree, but he rolled before I took the shot.
Heh, happens all too often to me.

We have no water up here would be scrape and walk beside boat most of the time. Sucks.
From what the banks look like, seems your levels are down too?

Heh, happens all too often to me.
Yep.... a little low but still doable. Would have preferred to go to another portion further upstream, but that water is more skinny.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky