• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Overnight Smoked Brisket

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 7, 2012
On my Weber Smokefire EX6
Brisket's done. 14 hour overnight smoke. I did the tug test, but didn't video it. But it passed with flying colors. The new HEB brisket rub smoked over B&B hickory pellets. Two hours of Smokeboost before kicking it up to 205 for the night. When I got up this morning temps were 147 on the point and 154 on the flat..Kicked the temp up to 230 till the temps averaged 164, then wrapped in paper put back on with 250 temp on the cooker. Pulled out when flat hit 200, probed tender and the point was at 205.
Just another fairly perfect cook, and overnight, unattended at that.

1614972137112.png

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Nice piece of work, Like! RAY

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
That does look like perfection.

TNJAKE

Smoking Guru
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Looks good and I agree. Let us see those slices!

WI Smoker77

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 18, 2021
Great looking brisket. Nice bark on the outside, love to see the smoke ring when you cut it. Also let us know how the moisture is. Did you trim the brisket much?
Thanks!

DRKsmoking

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Nice, Could go for a big slice of that right now. Must be supper time somewhere
That looks real good. nice outside crust.

David

texomakid

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 6, 2017
It's sure got the look. I'm with Jake, we love pics of slices.

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
On my Weber Smokefire EX6
... then wrapped in paper put back on with 250 temp on the cooker. Pulled out when flat hit 200, probed tender and the point was at 205.
I find position of the meat makes a big difference on my pooper. Did you run point end down?

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 7, 2012
Great looking brisket. Nice bark on the outside, love to see the smoke ring when you cut it. Also let us know how the moisture is. Did you trim the brisket much?
Thanks!
I trimmed the crap out of it. Almost all of the hard fat. Flat was melt in your mouth tender, and the point, was, on point.

rexster314

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 7, 2012
I find position of the meat makes a big difference on my pooper. Did you run point end down?
The heat from the Weber is concentrated in the center of the cooker. At low temps the heat is pretty much even throughout.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.