Overcoming the Weather

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hickorybutt

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
I'm about tired of the weather making smoking so darn difficult. I've been planning to smoke Tri Tip tomorrow afternoon for over a week now since I have tomorrow off, and it looks like I will be battling freezing rain and 15mph winds. And I've been battling wind all winter.

Who else is ready for spring??

I know it's been tough for some people this winter, especially in the SE US where they have gotten more than they are used to getting. That said, it's been an average winter around here. I expect it'll end sometime in April as it always does.
icon_lol.gif

I know weather conditions are just the nature of the beast... But it still ticks me off an can make for a sour smoking experience... Especially after 3 months of cold wind.

Yep, I live north of you folks, except those in Minnesota and west of there.  It has been a true 1970s style winter here, lots of snow.

Here is where I live

And since taking this picture about 3 weeks ago, we have had about another 2 to 3 inches.

I use the fact that is after December 22, thus, the Sun is coming north.  It has to warm things eventually.

Yeah it's been a rough winter... We've had snow on the ground for over 2 straight weeks now. 4" right now...

I'm sure you get a lot of cold air (and wind) from the lakes. Probably makes a bear for trying to smoke meat!

I'm not one really looking forward to spring/summer.... as I wait all summer for winter... but then again.. I'm in Fl... :biggrin:

Yeah it's been a rough winter... We've had snow on the ground for over 2 straight weeks now. 4" right now...

I'm sure you get a lot of cold air (and wind) from the lakes. Probably makes a bear for trying to smoke meat!
My 30 inch MES is under its custom made cover, in my shed, waiting for the weather to get a bit better.  But I do not know, looking at my local underground weather forecasting site, their forecast says that Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are going to be 4, 7 & 11 degrees Celsius, 11 is like 54 degrees F.  Maybe, if I ask the better half to buy some meat, never mind, we have ribs in the freezer, as well as 20 lb box of Butt Port chops I picked for $22.  So I think she will be out and in use.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky