over-nighter

Discussion in 'Pork' started by davidhef88, Jul 16, 2011.

1. davidhef88

davidhef88 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Smoking two butts to bring to my in-laws tomorrow.  Big air show at the airport and they live right next to it.  gonna have some smokey butt and watch the Blue Angles.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. sdlocal

sdlocal Fire Starter

How do you like your master forge? I am trying my first butt in mine tonight.

3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Good start

4. davidhef88

I like it. I went to a fire place store and got a self sticking flat rope. Gasket for the door. Keeps the smoke and heat in better.

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Good luck! Keep us posted!

6. davidhef88

been a long night so I decided I better throw a fatty in for breakfast.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Looking good!!

Craig

8. davidhef88

fatty came out good.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

The fattie looks great!

10. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

The snack looks great, come on butts. [​IMG]

11. davidhef88

butts are finally coming up to temp.  They stalled for about 5 hours.  glad I started them earlier than I had planned.  Supposed to eat at 3.  another 10 degrees and then into the cooler till then.  I will post pics later.  can't wait to eat them along with my homemade somked jalapeno bbq sauce.