Our pup is going under the knife...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No cone...yet. Azul nibbled at some food several times today. She managed to sneak out the doggie door and was out trotting thru the yard.
Parents had a Cattle Dog. Max was a true psycho at heart. When she had to wear a funnel she figured out how to use it ad a weapon....
Holy #$%^-----Out the Doggie Door & out trotting around already. And eating a little!!   That's Great !!

Bear

Hey Ink, sounds like she will back to her old self in no time.

Gary

She absolutely DESPISES the pain meds and antibiotics.

She absolutely DESPISES the pain meds and antibiotics.
My in-laws turned me onto a pill crusher (providing your pup is taking pills).  I used to use a hammer to crush up the horse sized flea pills we gave our dogs but this pill crusher is so much easier.  I think my wife got one from Wally world if I'm not mistaken.  Just mix the crushed pill in with a treat or some milk and the pooch doesn't even know they are getting it.

My in-laws turned me onto a pill crusher (providing your pup is taking pills).  I used to use a hammer to crush up the horse sized flea pills we gave our dogs but this pill crusher is so much easier.  I think my wife got one from Wally world if I'm not mistaken.  Just mix the crushed pill in with a treat or some milk and the pooch doesn't even know they are getting it.
Thanks for the tip. One of them is a capsule so...much to our relief she didn't put up a fight this morning. She had always went over to the bed and put her feet on the side rail when she knows Ernestina is awake. She did wait this morning, she woke the Boss up. When I took her out on the leash, can't wait for this to end, she was instantly in patrol mode. Being a Coon dog she has a real strong sense of smell. This morning we covered three quarters of our 5 acres with her nose to the ground.
Sadly she is licking the incision. Looks like I will be taking the bike for a ride to the Vets office to pick up a funnel....really was hoping she wouldn't be a cone head...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky