Our next venture. Maybe!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Charles... isn't that a bit fast for trolling!
🤣 Yes it is and not really the type of boat I need for guiding. Now this is more like it for me...
Resized_20210520_114152[1].jpeg

Nice looking pontoon Steve! I enable you to put some water around it!
The Enabler-In-Chief has been enabled...:emoji_laughing:

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Ann and I have also talked about boats forever. Pontoon boats in particular. We are going to look at this tomorrow afternoon.

View attachment 666176

26' tri-toon with a 300hp merc on it. Pretty much all the bells and whistles on it. Big enough for 12 people. We'll know more in the coming days.
I hope you get it. It looks really nice and I like the motor size. We been looking at them too. May have to change your name to “Little Buddy” if you get it though. And get one of those launcher things brian Tex got.

you are going to have to buy the house next door and knock it down to store your toys? Also gives you another opportunity to buy another griddle, smoker, grill and pizza oven...lol

Reactions: JLeonard
Hope it works out for ya! I'm a HUGE fan of boating!!!!!

This is my current boat...it has 3/16 bottom with a 1/4 delta pad hull plate and a 1/2 plastic bottom....can slide over rocks and log jambs....
Kingfisher.JPG

The old boat.......Oh man I miss this one...... Pegleg rapid on the snake
takeoff.jpg

Wild sheep rapid on the Snake River in Hells Canyon
WildSheep.JPG

Reactions: civilsmoker
Very nice but it always reminds me of the old adage. The two happiest days of a boat owner's life are the day he buys the boat and the day he sells it. 😂

Wow, I would love to go for a trip on that beauty though....

JC :emoji_cat:
I know the adage. And I hope we enjoy it if we get it. I also know B.O.A.T. means!

Reactions: JC in GB
My parents lived at Smith Mountain lake in the 90's. The family had a Hurricane deck boat, we would fish, ski, and wakeboard with it. They handle like a boat, not a barge at speed and a pontoon at rest. It was a great boat that served the varying roles well. Worth looking into...

I looked at deck boats too. Ann has her mind set on pontoon boats. Fine with me!

Reactions: motocrash
The wife retires next year at this time. I'm trying to talk her into moving to Texoma. Odds are really low of that happening because of her family/friends ties here, but I'm damn tired of living in a housing addition and I wanna be near some water.

I can't put the Skeeter up for sale. Its not been in the water for a year now, but I can't let go. It ain't over, till its over.

I apologize to Steve for the intrusion on his thread.
No problem! Intrusion away!

Nice boat and heck of a lot of HP for a toon.
Might consider a hitch on the front of the RV there are a good number of people that do it and makes it much easier to launch when you can see it better. No you don't pull the boat down the road this way LMAO. The hitch is like a reese hitch usually so when not in use pull the receiver out and it's not very noticeable on the RV. Added advantage is if you ever get stuck or need to pull the RV you have a very strong pulling point.
I'll just adjust to where I'm camping if we get it. Most camping sites that have docks offer launching for folks that can't do it themselves.

I love a pontoon, mine is only a 18' with a 50 merc but it fits me. it has a aluminum deck so it wont never need replaced, I may use mine more after I retire I hope

Reactions: Steve H
Oh by the way, boats are great for fishing but some days just floating and reading a book or sipping on a 30oz yeti of ice cold zero and eating cured meat and cheese with some tunes!

I know I'm not helping.......

• Haha
Reactions: mike243 and Steve H
Nice rig Steve, hope its in the cards for you guys.
The Tritoon is the way to go. That's what most people along the Missouri River are running. Tons of pontoons for sale as everyone is going the triple.

Holey smokes civilsmoker civilsmoker , that's wild.

Ann and I have also talked about boats forever. Pontoon boats in particular. We are going to look at this tomorrow afternoon.

View attachment 666176

26' tri-toon with a 300hp merc on it. Pretty much all the bells and whistles on it. Big enough for 12 people. We'll know more in the coming days.
Party in slow motion....oooooh motor-boatin...., Go for it.!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky