Our next venture. Maybe!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Ann and I have also talked about boats forever. Pontoon boats in particular. We are going to look at this tomorrow afternoon.

F75AC125-4D48-49FF-9453-C4FCF082298A.jpg

26' tri-toon with a 300hp merc on it. Pretty much all the bells and whistles on it. Big enough for 12 people. We'll know more in the coming days.

It might be challenging backing that big pontoon down the ramp with the RV. Beautiful boat though!

Lol! No way would I try that! Most lake front camp sites offer launching service.
Nice boat and heck of a lot of HP for a toon.
Might consider a hitch on the front of the RV there are a good number of people that do it and makes it much easier to launch when you can see it better. No you don't pull the boat down the road this way LMAO. The hitch is like a reese hitch usually so when not in use pull the receiver out and it's not very noticeable on the RV. Added advantage is if you ever get stuck or need to pull the RV you have a very strong pulling point.

The longer the trailer, the easier to back. No different than an RV.

What I would be wary of, is getting the boat back on the trailer. That can be tricky with any boat, but a big pontoon could be a real challenge, especially if there's any wind. Like a crosswind.

Reactions: Steve H
Nice Steve. Mine going up for sale today. I suck at fishing and just not that much fun by myself.

The wife retires next year at this time. I'm trying to talk her into moving to Texoma. Odds are really low of that happening because of her family/friends ties here, but I'm damn tired of living in a housing addition and I wanna be near some water.

I can't put the Skeeter up for sale. Its not been in the water for a year now, but I can't let go. It ain't over, till its over.

I apologize to Steve for the intrusion on his thread.

Reactions: Steve H and jcam222
My parents lived at Smith Mountain lake in the 90's. The family had a Hurricane deck boat, we would fish, ski, and wakeboard with it. They handle like a boat, not a barge at speed and a pontoon at rest. It was a great boat that served the varying roles well. Worth looking into...

Man you get all the fun toys! But, this is one thing I will not be enabled to buy. Hope you get it. Looks like a lot of fun.

Jim

Ann and I have also talked about boats forever. Pontoon boats in particular. We are going to look at this tomorrow afternoon.

View attachment 666176

26' tri-toon with a 300hp merc on it. Pretty much all the bells and whistles on it. Big enough for 12 people. We'll know more in the coming days.

Very nice but it always reminds me of the old adage. The two happiest days of a boat owner's life are the day he buys the boat and the day he sells it. 😂

Wow, I would love to go for a trip on that beauty though....

JC :emoji_cat:

The wife retires next year at this time. I'm trying to talk her into moving to Texoma. Odds are really low of that happening because of her family/friends ties here, but I'm damn tired of living in a housing addition and I wanna be near some water.

I can't put the Skeeter up for sale. Its not been in the water for a year now, but I can't let go. It ain't over, till its over.

I apologize to Steve for the intrusion on his thread.
This area is really growing. The house's have more than doubled last couple years. Also Lake is getting a lot of boats on it now. At least I could get out during the week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky