Other Hobbies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I guess the hobbies are, my hay burners, my best one, I could jump on bareback, no halter, no nothing, pop open a beer and just enjoy the bond I had with him. The best time was the winter, at least my butt and legs were warm.
icon_smile.gif
My old 750 Honda Magna, my 4 wheeler, hunting and shooting in general. And my very favorite, plowing snow?????
eek.gif
wink.gif
Dang, I almost forgot drinking rum and coke.
redface.gif
tongue.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm a volunteer fireman for Susquehanna Hose Company, and also like to do alot of wood and metal work. Always messin around.

Biggest hobby as of right now is smoking foods. Other hobbies are: motorcycles(I ride with the Blue Knights), home brewing, gardening in the right weather, fishing, camping, used to hunt alot, still do alot of shooting, tinkering with electronics, installing home theaters on the side(something I enjoy), and a little golf every now and again.

Hrm,

-Shooting, trap, tactical pistol, .223
-Paintball
-Halloween, yard haunting
-50's Cars
-Wine Tasting
-5th Wheeling
-Digital Art
-Home DIY
-Cocktails

Every 8 months I start a new hobby.
August 2008 is surfing...
icon_mrgreen.gif

Well, let's see... not as much time for other hobbies as I once had... Sold my race car to go back to college, but I if I ever win the lottery...

We like to hunt (deer, turkey, hog, quail, dove), go camping and all forms of the shooting sports from practical pistol, skeet, trap etc...

James.

Hey Jack! That sound like how I make it!
I put 4 cups of juice in a gallon jar, add 4 cup of sugar and one package of yeast. Fill the jar the rest of the way with water and top with a large balloon. Let it sit for about 3 weeks.
It's some powerful stuff.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Hunting with my metal detector, Hunting with my favorite being bowhunting for deer, FPS online gaming, Computer build & repair, wood working, paranormal investigations and doing stuff with my family. I do manage to squeeze in some smoking time
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hunting, fishing and camping.

guns,guns and more guns. I shoot alot of clay,5-8K rounds a year(trap,skeet,sporting clays and any other game),,and when it comes to hunting its a lot of waterfowl and coyote calling. Used to run hounds HARD(beagles and coon hounds) but since moveing to the great plains area of IOWA, those have gone. And then there is the girls hobbies of dance,pom,jazz,softball,vollyball,cheerleading and what ever else a kid can do, being a single parent,life is very busy!

Investing my money for the highest return, learning new hobbies like welding (which is next), taking care of animals (strays, rescues etc.), garage sale'n (or buying at garage sales), browsing ebaY for IBEW memorabilia, helping my IBEW Brothers and Sisters, helping out most anyone who needs help.

Smoking meat
Ham Radio (KD0AID)
Computers (Linux, OSX, Windoz) -- programming, networking, etc
Shooting (scary black rifles, black powder, shotguns, pistols) -- Mostly target but wanting to get into IPSC or IDPA
RC cars -- 2nd Gen TMAXX what a hoot!!
Reading almost everything I can get my hands on.

Golf ( first hole-in-one this summer
icon_mrgreen.gif
), Bird watching (preferably with a 12 gauge
PDT_Armataz_01_35.gif
), camping, fishing, and thinking of ways to mess with kwahkcalB the grunt, and bbq bubba.

Up untill this past week I wouldn't have considered duck hunting a hobby, but I caught the bug. I'm paying the price this weekend that an overweight, out of shape middle age teenager should from wading around for three days in submerged hardwood timber. But it was great. I went to Stuttgart, AR for a few days with some folks I work with, and some friends that simply enjoy the experience. I will be back.

I like to cook outside either on the smoker, the grill or the plow disk. I enjoy fishing and going WAY too fast in the boat. I really enjoy watching my 9 year old growing up before my very eyes, and being able to afford him all the opportunities I wasn't able to have when I was his age.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky