"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tulsa Jeff, It's because of your work to bring about this Forum and SoFlaQuer moderating this Forum to keep it running smoothly that I reserved OTBS 001 and 002 for the two of you. I know there are some of our Bothers that might have wondered why I did not give myself 001. I could have, but then that would have been selfish on my part. The OTBS is not about me, it's about all of us and what we contribute to the Art of Smoking meats.

Chi. Bill, I'm looking forward to the day when you request admittance into the Oder and I hope that it will be soon.

Dutch, it is with some trepidation that I make an attempt at application and entry into "The Order of the Thin Blue Smoke" . While not an accomplished Smoker it is held within me that I have contributed not only to the greater cause of our fold but also to the union of camaderie that does in fact bind us and set us apart. Please consider my humble request.
Monty

Thank you for your vote of confidence, Great Grand Poohbah Jeff! It is now in the hands of His Excellency, The Earl.
Monty

Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye! Having Humbly requested entrance into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke "for his contribution not only to the greater cause of our fold but also to the union of camaraderie that does in fact bind us and set us apart" (and having been seconded by SoFlaQuer) I welcome Steve Montgomery to the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke as OTBS #006. Enter Sir Monty and take your honored place!

My most humble appreciation of the honour bestowed upon me this day. I will labour tirelessly to uphold and protect the "Order of the Thin Blue Smoke" and all those within its fold.
Monty OTBS 006

Welcome, Brother Steve!!! It is truly an honour to count you as one among our ranks!

Smoke on!

Cheers,
Brian

Brother Brian, I do believe you have crossed over to Meat Mopper! Congratulations on your elevation! And thank you for the kind words.
Monty

Congrats, Brother Brian!!! You only need another 149 post to make to "Smoking Fanatic" :mrgreen:

Earl D-,

While membership into the OTBS would be quite an honor, I have always lived by the Great WC Fields axiom: I would never be a member of any club that would have ME as a member.

However, If bestowed, I would covet the honor.

Consider My Secret Brisket recipe as a offering to the (thin blue) smoke gods:

Rub brisket with your favorite rub. Place on smoker rack fat side up. Smoke for about one hour per pound at 230 F using Hickory and Pecan wood until the internal temperature reaches 175F. Remove from rack. Slice two large onions as thinly as possible. Place a layer of onions on a large piece of foil and place the brisket on the onion slices lean side down. Place the remaining onions all over the brisket and wrap in foil, two layers (tightly). At about 1.25 hours per pound at 230 F, insert a meat thermometer. Remove from heat at 200F. Allow to rest in a baking pan for 1/2 hour. Remove from foil (discard onions) and slice if you can. It will probably fall apart.

Humbly,
Aubrey Page

Aubrey Page, as the newest OTBS member, and having enjoyed your posts as well as having a true appreciation for the pursuit of ultimate flavour and in consideration of your giving up a secret recipe I must second your nomination into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke.
Monty

Aubrey, I have learned a great deal from reading your posts and you have contributed a great deal to this Forum. I welcome you to the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke as OTBS #007. Welcome Agent Double Oh. . . I mean Welcome Brother Aubrey! :D

Brother Steve,
I was typing up Brother Aubrey's admission to the Order when you made your post seconding Brother Aubrey's request. I, good Sir do acknowledge and accept you Seconding of Brother Aubrey's request.

I had all confidence that my input would not be lost! Even in the instantaneous flick of a button world we live in, some things take time. And THAT is what we are all about!
Monty

OK guys,due to my total lack of knowledge,my misspelled words,and my all around backwoods lack of sense[being from WV] I would like to submit my request for membership into the "OBTS."I swear Ill make you proud.

You are who you are and you are definitely an asset to this forum! I would like to add my voice in saying that I wholeheartedly second your nomination! Your posts have been excellent and you have also shared a lot of information with all of us! You will join us soon!
Monty

dacdots, I'm honored to accept your request for membership into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke. Welcome Brother Dave OTBS #008.

Welcome into the OTBS, Dave, you are most deserving! And also, thank you for your support on the idea of a "Growin' Yer Own" thread.
Monty

Thank you all for the support,I am honored to be among you.I pledge that I will support this forum in any way I can,David.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky