"OTBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
David, you are a natural for the OTBS! Your knowledge of smoking and all sorts of different and very relevant things is awesome! Not to mention your bargain of the year, the super sausage stuffer! Welcome!
Monty

Crazyhorse, I have enjoyed you posts and I'm going to have to try the honey brine that you posted. I welcome you into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke Crazyhorse OTBS #009.

Welcome to the fold, Brother Crazyhorse! I have admired your depth of knowledge and appreciate your willingness to share your secrets with us! Going up in smoke is not a bad thing at all!
Rock on!
Monty

This is pretty cool

I like it.

I got a few stories that might just earn me an OTBS, but you folks didnt know me then.

I'll wait until I come across a story that is worthy of the OTBS!

Some of the previous stuff I did was damned funny. Smoking before the Raiders Super Bowl, cleaning up, dumped the rest of the ash on the garden from the WSM.

Forgot the OL put the bale of hay on the garden after Halloween. Couple remnant coals melted through the snow, looked out just before game time, Dad, the garden is on fire.

10 degrees outside and half the yard is on fire.

It was a sight, for sure.

Sems to me you have long since earned your entrance to the OTBS! Go for it!
Monty

BTW Burning hay under snow in Kiribati is reason for severe punishment!

Okay, Thanks to Brother Jeff (Tulsa) the "OTBS" thread has been elevated to "Sticky" status so that it will always be up where we can find it easier.

If any of you new members to the forum feel confident in your skills in the smoking art, sound off with your smoking experiences.

Larry one of the best definitions of "sticky" that I've ever heard is:

"Good barbecue is when you have to wash your hands 'before' going to the bathroom!"
wink.gif

A "sticky" thread is one that is flagged to "stick" at the top of the list of topics like a "post-it" note, in the forum to which it was posted. An "announcement" thread is one that will show up at the top in all forums.

Yo-Larry-
What Bob-BQN said! :mrgreen:

Sorry Dutch but that one-liner fit so perfectly there :lol: ... that I couldn't hold my peace. :oops:

Although new to this forum, and new to the GOSMS magic, I have always enjoyed the Thin Blue Smoke created by this type of cooking. I therefore humbly request and hope that you would bestow me the honor of the coveted "OTBS" Seal. Forever blowing smoke, BEAR

bearswoodshop, Having revisited your posts and seeing that you are willing to share your knowledge of smoking foods, I acknowledge your request to join the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke.

Welcome Brother Bear, your are now OTBS #010.

Welcome, Brother Bear, into the Order of the Thin Blue Smoke! Your posts are informative and entertaining! We look forward to more from you and wish you a long and prosperous life! In other words, party till you drop then party some more!
Be always free!
Monty

Welcome, Brother Bear! Congratulations on your recent appointment to this high and exhalted Order!

Cheers,
Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky