Ornamental cherry?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

captainjosh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 1, 2016
Eastern Shore of MD
My father has a bunch of ornamental cherry trees bordering his yard that my grandfather called flowering cherries. The trees have died and need to be removed. Does anyone know if this would make good wood for smoking. I’ve never seen where they produce any fruit, just an ornamental I guess.

Try some and get back too us with the results. Are u using it in a stick burner? I got some last year about this time and just tossed it in the firewood pile and put the cherry that produced cherrys in the smoking pile

I'd definitely go for it. A friend had a cherry tree he cut down and gave me for fuel, and it worked marvelously in the pizza oven. I have an ornamental plum tree that needs pruning on occasion, and I always use the trimmings to fuel the oven with great success.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky