Ordered the TSM Country-Style Digital

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

LoydB

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 31, 2022
After a lot of looking around, the TSM Country Style Digital seems to be the smoker with the tallest interior (for big salami, etc.) available. I would be happier if they offered it in analog and I could wire in my own PID, but this will at least be a good starting spot for customization.

Now the wait begins.

After a lot of looking around, the TSM Country Style Digital seems to be the smoker with the tallest interior (for big salami, etc.) available. I would be happier if they offered it in analog and I could wire in my own PID, but this will at least be a good starting spot for customization.

Now the wait begins.
Looking forward to see what you make!

Reactions: LoydB
You're going to like it. Good thing also is TSM carries parts when needed.

As Keith and the others said my original digital control took a dive so with some help from forum members I was able to rewire direct from the element with HD cord and 3 prong high to the plug and play to an Auber pid. I went with the Auber WS-1510DPMS with the thermo couple. If you go with Auber (don't get the pid for Bradley smokers)

Enjoy

You're going to like it. Good thing also is TSM carries parts when needed.

As Keith and the others said my original digital control took a dive so with some help from forum members I was able to rewire direct from the element with HD cord and 3 prong high to the plug and play to an Auber pid. I went with the Auber WS-1510DPMS with the thermo couple. If you go with Auber (don't get the pid for Bradley smokers)

Enjoy
I'm curious, I just ordered the ws-12llh pid controller is there a problem with these?

I'm curious, I just ordered the ws-12llh pid controller is there a problem with these?
Hi there and welcome!

The WS-1211H supports a max of 1440Watt element.
Taking 10% for electrical slop that means 1296Watts of maximum support.
The MES40's have a 1200Watt element.
If the MES40 runs at or near 1200Watts then you are running right at the max supported wattage of the WS-1211H limit. This is the concern.

The WS-1211H itself is fine, it's just better to go up to the beefier WS-15xx series of Auber PIDs since they have a max of 1800Watts.

It's never good to run anything near max if you can avoid it.
If you have a Bradley or an MES30 they have 800Watt elements so the WS-1211H is perfectly fine for those.

Let me know if this info helps and makes things clear :)

Hi there and welcome!

The WS-1211H supports a max of 1440Watt element.
Taking 10% for electrical slop that means 1296Watts of maximum support.
The MES40's have a 1200Watt element.
If the MES40 runs at or near 1200Watts then you are running right at the max supported wattage of the WS-1211H limit. This is the concern.

The WS-1211H itself is fine, it's just better to go up to the beefier WS-15xx series of Auber PIDs since they have a max of 1800Watts.

It's never good to run anything near max if you can avoid it.
If you have a Bradley or an MES30 they have 800Watt elements so the WS-1211H is perfectly fine for those.

Let me know if this info helps and makes things clear :)
Thanks tallbm, thought there may be problems with that particular model. bgk mentioned not to buy it in his post, I wasn't sure what he meant. I use my 30" for smaller batches, the 1211 is on sale for $129, thought I'd give it a go.

Thanks tallbm, thought there may be problems with that particular model. bgk mentioned not to buy it in his post, I wasn't sure what he meant. I use my 30" for smaller batches, the 1211 is on sale for $129, thought I'd give it a go.
You should be good to go with your MES30. You are going to love being a part of the PID club :D

I'll let you know how it goes, first time using one. Hopefully it "cures" the unstable temps I'm experiencing. :D
It should. After a little tweaking and dialing in the temps should be very consistent and reliable :)

It should. After a little tweaking and dialing in the temps should be very consistent and reliable :)
Thanks, I'm hoping it will keep consistent temps below 170°F. I like the MB-30" size as it doesn't have a large heat loss. The MB-30" is well insulated and comes right up to temp in very cold ambient temps. I used a Bradley 40" for years but because of it's undersized heating element for my climate, making sausage in the winter was just impossible. Ultimately, the problem with the Masterbuilt is the controls and with that comes fat-out and or dried out sausages so hoping this will work.

Sadly, while mine is due today, it wasn't here in time for cold-smoking the pepperoni I made yesterday. I'm really looking forward to a taller chamber :)

1669820463036.png

Reactions: tallbm
Sadly, while mine is due today, it wasn't here in time for cold-smoking the pepperoni I made yesterday. I'm really looking forward to a taller chamber :)

That's what I'm looking forward to, more hanging room.

Sadly, while mine is due today, it wasn't here in time for cold-smoking the pepperoni I made yesterday. I'm really looking forward to a taller chamb
Time to upgrade!! I received mine today. Also bought the smoker attachment. Now all I have to do is get up out off the couch, go out in the cold and snow and put it all together. Anyone know what the item is in the last picture, it came with the Auber control?

Attachments

• 20221130_140959.jpg
    20221130_140959.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20221130_185031.jpg
    20221130_185031.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20221130_170332.jpg
    20221130_170332.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: tallbm
Mine showed up! It's in a crate in the garage until the weekend...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky