Orange Soda pulled pork with a Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chorizodahitman

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Wanted to try something different for tonight's pulled pork (tailgating for a soccer match). Asked for some help yesterday and got one reply but it was a little to late in the day for that so went to Pinterest and found this idea.

This is me getting it ready. My normal mustard and spicy rub, the in the fridge for 7 hours.

1 am I got up to put it on the smoker. A few injections of soda, then poured some over the top of it and into the pan. Placed it on the smoker a few minutes later at 185 degrees

6 am took the baster and sprayed the butt with the soda and natural juices.

A look at 2 pm. Tossed on some sausages to go along with it and upped the temp to 225. Bark is coming along great and it smells amazing. Will post the finished product soon.

Unusual recipe.  I'm gonna try it.  BUT Down here folks prefer BIG RED over Orange.  The possibilities are endless. 

Point for originality!

popcorn.gif

I really want to know how it turned out.  Did the orange flavor carry through??

Gary

Sorry about that everyone. Things got crazy trying to get to the soccer match and I got a little behind. The result? Probably the most tender and moist butt I have ever smoked. The bark and ring had a great sweet (orange soda) and spicy (rub) flavor, but the sweetness didn't penetrate all the way through. Going to put the leftovers back in the smoker tonight with the remaining soda and top it off with a little more rub. Will take a q-view of that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky