One Pan Sausage & Sunny Side Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
I’ve been on the one pan breakfast kick lately……went on a 2.5 mile hike with the wife this am (26 deg, but sunny) so I treated myself!

Seared up some baby sausages from Costco and once they had a nice sear I added some onion slivers and chopped baby bellas to sear up a bit…..
8FD9C31B-FA26-440D-929C-853489FBA68D.jpeg

Once the onions became translucent and the shrooms were soft, I created a pocket, with the sausages on the outside and the onions and shrooms equal across, ie I want them under the eggs when they are added…..
9D272E04-E125-4B6B-80A9-BEC8BCB990E8.jpeg

Once the eggs are dropped I lightly salt and crack fresh pepper and then cover……once the whites are firming and the yokes need a bit I added graded queso cheese, I make sure to get it all are kind the pan edge as I want crisply cheese, I also leave the yokes free, I want to see the giggle for donees….. I then added some chopped bacon bits and some sriracha, I keep it covered till the yokes glaze and have the right giggle…..then top with some GOs and carefully break it free and slide it on the plate….
7CD91D2B-CED0-4F26-BDEE-8617BC8F6A42.jpeg

This is one plan brunch money!
D4CBC8AE-8238-4094-89BA-930AEC04D677.jpeg

Oh and for the moment of truth……
6BD1EF71-AB04-484E-AB34-7F704A5D1C1C.jpeg

Once you have had this an omelette is forgotten……..

Ps this is about a 12 min cook prep start to plate finish….

Looking good.

You need some eggs :emoji_laughing:
Thanks and Yes I do…..just don’t shoot the guy dressed in feather in your hen house please! Lol
Looks great! I eat a lot of scrambled and omelets but did over easy this morning. Sure was a nice change. At $2.50 a dozen from a local farm I have beeen eating a lot of these. View attachment 659822
We are huge egg consumers as well…. We are lunch as our Costco price is back to 5.99 for 24….. we can have birds at the house but we just have too many other projects to add a hen house, but it may just happen when grand kids come……

Reactions: jcam222
Looks good Civil. We had a similar breakfast the other day. Made with CB hash, bacon and over easy eggs.

Point for sure
Chris

Great looking breakfast. And I like the one pan aspect.

Jim
Thanks Jim, we tend to use a lot of pans so this it the reduce dishes plate…..lol
Looks delicious to me. I’d be all over that.
Many thanks SE, it’s a fun cook, just something different
Looks delicious to me as well!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan I appreciate it!
Ill take 2! Great breakfast right there!
2 orders coming up for ya….thanks Bucheye!
Now that is how a quick and tasty breakfast ( or anytime ) should be

I could chew that right up, nice work

David
Thanks David! Yea I like the combination of flavor tones from cooking together. It’s not full omelet cause there are still some individual tones!

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I have eggs.

unwashed
View attachment 659874

Washed and in fridge
View attachment 659876
Holy smokes that’s a lot of eggs! We eat a lot of eggs but not that many….. you are getting to the point of having a signup for get gets here!….lol.
Looks good Civil. We had a similar breakfast the other day. Made with CB hash, bacon and over easy eggs.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, meat, bacon, & eggs has been doing it for a long time…..I had a similar plate for dinner the other night….
Looks really good! Though, I'd have to have them scrambled. Just not much a runny yoke person.
Thanks Steve…..pouring over a mixed egg would work too….. it would actually be very silky cause it cooks slow…..

Looks great, you got me thinking now, 2 frozen biscuits and 2 sausages cook in about 18 minutes in the convection toaster on a sheet of foil, 2 egg rings with 2 eggs might round out that for a full coarse , will test and report back

Reactions: civilsmoker
Looks great . Gotta try this in a few weeks, right now I’m on a corned beef hash breakfast.

Looks great, you got me thinking now, 2 frozen biscuits and 2 sausages cook in about 18 minutes in the convection toaster on a sheet of foil, 2 egg rings with 2 eggs might round out that for a full coarse , will test and report back
Thanks mike! Oh yes a toaster oven would work for a one pan....just add the eggs after the other two are just about there....Will be interested in seeing the results.

Wow does that look good!!!! I would be happy to sit down to that.
Many thanks Brian! I just so happed to have an identical version this am as well, stupid daylight savings….needed a protein pick up!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky