One of my other hobbies/soon to be professions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hagar

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 4, 2016
Billings, MT
Brewed up a nice 20 gallon batch of our Montarctica Stout today. Its a double coffee, chocolate, oatmeal breakfast stout. Getting prepped for the upcoming winter, lol.

5c8857c1a4c84f689d211c089deb301b.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hagar your system looks great. My brother started with something very similar a few years ago. He has now brewing on a 10bbl system and works with a distributor. Needless to say I was pulled in to help. It becomes a passion before you know it. Look forward to more pics and posts.
CeasarAsmokus-The biggest piece of advice I can give is don't be afraid to make mistakes. As long as you take careful notes throughout the whole process you can learn and correct. I know we have. Anyway have fun with it and enjoy the return. As far as cost goes, as the passion grows so does the price. Just saying.

This our current 10 bbl mash and brew tank. We still have our 1bbl and 3bbl setup. Currently we are using 3 fermenters at 7bbl each. Pictures are during setup. I'll get some better pictures for you.

Currently we brew 7bbl a week but will go to twice a week brew shortly. Tis the busy season now. We currently put out about 500 gal of beer. Hopefully by this time next year we'll be up to about 1500gal.

Started out as a hobby, became a passion and now is an obsession.

Definitely a lot of fun.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky