Older Sausage Maker smoker date code 24-03

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Badmoon

Original poster
Aug 26, 2022
Hello. First post... someone gave me there older model Sausage maker smoker.It had seen little use by the looks of the inside and tried to use a hotplate when the heating element went bad. I just ordered that from the manufacturer. this unit has the brown bottom area with a temperature controller /rheostat. Anyone know where I can get a copy online of the owners manual? Can anyone tell me the good and bad of this model? It was free so I cant expect too much,as long as it works better than my old lil chief. thanks for your time

Attachments

• IMG_20220822_204718968.jpg
    IMG_20220822_204718968.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 58
Welcome from Nova Scotia

Bumping this to the top in hopes that someone will be along with some help for you.

Free is a great way to start , You ordered in the new element , did you ask TSM if they had or could copy the manual for you.

David

Welcome from Nova Scotia

Bumping this to the top in hopes that someone will be along with some help for you.

Free is a great way to start , You ordered in the new element , did you ask TSM if they had or could copy the manual for you.

David
I called a couple times ,but no one would answer the phone..I'm probably going to have to learn how this one operates as I go

Reactions: DRKsmoking
TSM site dont have no info on your smoker?
Pretty sure TSM smoker coil element will work.

Also try Allied Kenco Sales in Houston.

TSM site dont have no info on your smoker?
Pretty sure TSM smoker coil element will work.

Also try Allied Kenco Sales in Houston.
purchased a new heating element from TSM and the folks were kind of clueless on a manual for my smoker...so we hooked up the heating element to find that I couldnt get the box temp over 140 degrees....using the "built in" rheostat on the front of the box...rewire to eliminate the rheostat to only have a run away temp over 300 degrees, I was hoping I could use the exhaust damper to control the temp..... so i purchased this Hatco infinite temperature control switch that regulates the temp of the heating element..sort of like a pizza oven or the top of an electric stove...wired it in last night and only tested it for 30 minutes..but i was able to hold 178 degrees on this first trial run...we are going to try for a higher stable temp today and for a couple of hours just to see what we can do to get a stable temp

Attachments

• hatco.jpg
    hatco.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 41
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky