OLD Traeger vs Newer Traeger (TFS60LZC)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pne123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I have have a roll top BBQ100 Traeger that has served me well for 16+ yrs but it is getting old and starting to rust out. I updated the controller about 10 yrs ago from the 3 position switch. Has the smoke setting.

I have a friend who said I could basically have his 2-3 yr old Traeger. It is a bronze select elite grill. Looks more like a grill than a traditional traeger. Not new so no wifi or temp probes.
I do not know much about this model. I know I would not buy it if I was planning on buying one but the price cannot be beat.
Will this do what my current traeger does well, low and slow? Will it do it better?

Can it be upgraded to a newer controller with temp probes and wifi?

A newer $1200 pellet grill (for free no less) is almost certainly better than an old rusted out one. :emoji_sunglasses:

I'd save the "consumables" from the old one...fan, auger & motor, igniter element...anything that you might need some day to maintain the newer model and appears to be in common with it.

Most pellet grills look kind of bulbous and even frumpy. That Elite looks, well, elite. My 2 cents.

Reactions: pne123
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky