Oklahoma Joe's - Hole to small Wood to large?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jim2

Original poster
Feb 20, 2018
Near Dallas
I recently purchased an Oklahoma Joe's smoker which I intend to upgrade with the usual mods.

question The firebox door is only about 12" wide and 15" deep. This means that the longest log it will accept is about 12" long.

Where do you get wood this short? I called 6 or 8 wood venders in the Dallas area and none had wood this small.

Thanks for your help.

Axe or chainsaw can be your best friend, or see if the vendor will cut to length if you explain what your doing with it.

Chris

I recently purchased an Oklahoma Joe's smoker which I intend to upgrade with the usual mods.

question The firebox door is only about 12" wide and 15" deep. This means that the longest log it will accept is about 12" long.

Where do you get wood this short? I called 6 or 8 wood venders in the Dallas area and none had wood this small.

Thanks for your help.

Normal wood suppliers cut for cord wood. 16" or 24". But 16" is cord wood size.
A cord of wood is 4' x 4' x 8' long, stacked tight enough that a squirrel can get through, but not the cat chasing the squirrel. 3 tiers of 16" wood = 4'

What you are seeking is called "Stove wood". Used in Kitchen stoves. 12" nominal length.
You might find buying a sack of chunks your best alternative.

Try a sack of Lump Charcoal, once that is going, feed in Hard Wood chunks for the smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky