Ok, pulled the sausage; qview link

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by oklahomajoe, Apr 9, 2010.

1. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks good what percentage of meats did you end up using? How was the taste anything your gonna do different next time?

2. caveman

caveman Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Good looking sausage. [​IMG]I especially like that "Joy" bath you gave em. (smile)

3. oklahomajoe

oklahomajoe Fire Starter

Pineywoods, I appreciate your help from the planning to the smoking to the timing and temp.
    I ended up using 50/50 and pulling it at 153. I didnt use pork fat though, I used boston butt with the fat in it. It came out still moist and flavored well. I used 2 different seasonings, Leggs and Arts #3 from Targils. I liked the Leggs more myself.

4. eman

eman Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member

Mighty fine lookin sausage ya got there. Told ya Piney could help you out. I'll trade ya some canadian bacon for some sausage.

5. lu1847

lu1847 Smoking Fanatic

looks like you did a great job job on your sausage, i made my second batch a few months ago and i gotta tell ya i'll never pay 2.79 a pound again to have my venison made into sausage from the local butcher when we can do it at home ourselves just as well or even better.

6. oklahomajoe

oklahomajoe Fire Starter

Yeah, Piney, yourself, and others were all helpful in this venture. And I have plenty to trade.
    Thanks Eman

7. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

That is some fine looking sausage. Your "cool shower" that these recipes calls for, looks just like mine. I've never noticed any difference between showering or just dunking them. [​IMG]

8. evapman

evapman Newbie

Looks great, I bet the smell in that kitchen is unbelieveable! yummy [​IMG]