Ok, how to not have the ikbird 'reset' the graph when the BT drops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use the inkbird as well as other brands with both easy BBQ and BBQ go apps. They perform the exact same. Minimize the app or try to use another app? Crash. Let your phone screen go dark? Crash. The app is just buggy and need work.

I'm using a S10 plus and have both of the apps set to always run or whatever in the battery settings as well.

I have an S10 E . I use BBQ Go . No crash no disconnect . I goof up and close it out , then lose the graph . I also run it on an old S4 , and a galaxy Tab A tablet .

I tried 3 and have used BBQ Go this last time on an iPad and locked the screen open. BT drops often but the graph never clears.. so that is the sweet spot.. The bad news is the battery drains like crazy so have to keep it plugged in. But for those of us who like the graph:
1) Use BBQ Go (I did try others and while not a lot of difference one I used dropped more often than BBQ Go'
2) Don't auto lock the screen.. set it to never in Display (apple)
3) Set the 'range' from whatever to whatever
4) Watch the graph and when you see the temp start to trend 'too much' then adjust the fire /damper/wood/wind screen.

I smoked a rack of ribs yesterday and it was really windy and I had to create a foil wrapper around the dampers. but the temp kept moving since the wind was howling.. having it open always really helped me catch the temp drifts.

But don't you feel like that having to keep the screen on all the time is a poor solution? This is an app that in some cases will be open for more than 24 hours!

That has always been my biggest hang-up with all of it. It seems these apps are more design for grilling rather than smoking

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky