Official SMF N. FL Gathering -- April 13th 14th and 15th 2012

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Mar 22, 2008
Florida
Well both the bosses (TulsaJeff and my wife) said it's so much fun let's do it again so it will be April 13th, 14th and 15th, 2012.
yahoo.gif
 We look forward to seeing all our old friends and making some new ones. If you've been a member forever or just joined today you are more than welcome to attend

The property is just outside of Quincy, Fl  just west of Tallahassee and just south of Bainbridge, Ga any and all are more than welcome. Its not a bad drive from a lot of places and is not far off of I-10. You can fly into Tallahassee and we can arrange pickup there. We will have camping on site we have lots of space for tents and have power and water for several RV's as well. There is a campground with cabins and many motels not far away I'll post some info about them soon. This property is out in the sticks but we do have water and power and a few other amenities the camp area is a couple acres of cleared land with some buildings. We have several pole barns and a building with a kitchen. Last year we had three large reverse flow smokers running with lots of food coming off them you won't go hungry we promise ya.

If you have any questions or need directions just send me a PM since RV sites here are limited please PM me to reserve one. We can do several thousand tents tho
biggrin.gif

The Hampton Inn will be our official Hotel and will be offering discounted room rates of $79.99+ taxes just call them at 850-627-7555 and tell them you are with the Smoking Meat Forums group confirmation number 87582580 and you would like to reserve one of the rooms from that block. Be sure to tell them whether you want a king or two queens. Here's the rest of the info for the hotel

Hampton Inn Quincy

165 Spooner Road

Quincy. FL 32351

I have RV spots for Joe, Joel, Al, Kenneth and Keith and am out of spots that have electric and water unless something changes. If you want to bring an RV then Pm me and we'll try to figure something out.

Still hundreds of sites for tents tho
biggrin.gif

I went by the KOA today and it's about 10 miles from the camp. They will give our members special rates if you tell them when reserving that you will be attending the Smoking Meats Forum event.

Not only do they have full hook up RV sites they also have some basic cabins. The cabins don't have bathrooms but they do have a nice clean bath house. Here are the rates they gave me

Cabin $42.13 per night and that includes tax

30 amp RV site  $32.27 per night and that includes tax

50 amp RV site $34.25 per night and that includes tax

There phone number is 850-442-6657

Boykjo and Nepas will be doing a sausage making demo on Saturday

Al Blancher will be doing a curing demo

As things change or evolve I will update this post so check back for updates

It's time to try to get an idea of how many people will be attending if you are coming please Pm me with how many you are bringing

If you haven't received directions please send me a PM

Here are some links from last year's Gathering

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/100174/n-fl-gathering-v

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/105346/pictures-of-the-n-florida-smf-gathering-2011

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/105343/n-fl-gathering-pics-lots-of-pics

Last edited:
Been there ,Done that .Will be doing it again in April.

Count me in.......I'll be bringing the pop-up again.......
icon14.gif

Joe

I will be there for sure.. Might even bring my wife this year if I can talk her into it. Probably have to take her shopping in Tallahassee when it's all over or something
biggrin.gif

Anyway.. Looking really forward to seeing all of you and I sure hope we can talk some of you other home bodies into coming out as well. Jerry was not lying when he said he's got plenty of room and that you won't go hungry!

Fun! Fun! Fun!

I plan on having the Bubba in tow and headed east on the 12th. If I can score a case of turkey legs, how about that for some lunch time munchies?

I plan on having the Bubba in tow and headed east on the 12th. If I can score a case of turkey legs, how about that for some lunch time munchies?
Sounds good Tim hopefully we can get Raptor to drag his smoker over again too

Ok we had the S. Louisiana gathering which looked good and now the S.  Florida gathering is going on and hope it also is a good one...Soooooooooo WHY is it the OFFICIAL SMF N. FL. gathering. What makes this one so OFFICIAL over the other two ??????   Just wondering ????

Lots of factors are looked at such as consistency, growth rate, proximity to forum members, etc.. Last year was the first time that I helped to sponsor the N. Fl event.

Great question!

We were honored when Jeff asked and with his help we hope to keep them going and getting bigger and better every year. Hopefully this year we will again get people driving and flying in from all over the place to attend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky