• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Official Kansas Member Roster

rowdyrawhide

Smoking Fanatic
Group Lead
Joined Jul 24, 2010
Like the Title says

Just list your name and Location as specific or non as you like.  Only requirement is to be from the Sunflower State.  

My name is Aaron, I live a few miles north of Topeka now.  Born and raised on a farm in north central Kansas, southeast of Beloit about 30 miles.

Last edited:

coacher72

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
Hello Thanks for the invite to join the group. As it says I live in Pratt. I was born and raised in Florida and have been living in Kansas since graduating from College.

tirrin

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 25, 2011
hiya...thanks for inviting me..wichita for me..coacher..where are you from in florida?

tirrin

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 25, 2011
ha lol..my wife moved from pensacola to wichita :)...her parents live in cantonment..

coacher72

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2010
Crazy

What a small world. My older brother lives in Fort Walton Beach. He is the only one still in Florida. We grew up in Myrtle Grove and I graduated from Catholic High in the early 70's.

sprky

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 26, 2007
Hi all,

I was looking around SMF and came across this group. Figured what the heck why not join, so here I am. I'm from Hutchinson, I'm told I'm a smoking fool, as I smoke year round. 

zachbsmokin

Joined Apr 9, 2012
Hi all, my name is Zach and I live in Gardner , KS a couple miles south of KC. Born and raised in Kansas city all my life

rambler

Smoke Blower
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Mornin' all....  Doug here from El Dorado.  Thanks for the invitation.

foos

Joined Jan 28, 2008
My name is Brad, I was born in Dodge City, lived in Liberal and Garden City, and have now been in Lawrence, KS for 27 Years.

tirrin

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 25, 2011
any of you guys know where its good to get food safe barrels? id like to get like 3-4 of them

coyote1

Meat Mopper
Joined Dec 12, 2010
welcome Heath I'm in Fort Scott we all need to get together some time

dabdesign

Joined Nov 13, 2009
Dustin from the wellington area. Doing my first contest this weekend for wellingtons yearly wheat festival. Wish me luck.

dabdesign

Joined Nov 13, 2009
They have 4 catagories.  You can enter all, or just the ones you want.  Of course, I entered all.  Might as well rock this thing big, or crash hard, right?  lol

I'll be doing 2 pork butts, 1 brisket flat (just posted about this in the beef section), 3 racks of ribs and 2-4 chickens.  I bought 4 chickens, but depending on how things go, I may only cook 2.  If things are going good, and I have the extra time, I'll cook all 4.  I did my first chickens about a month ago, and the family LOVED it.  I think they were a bit salty due to me miscalculating the brine.  I did a couple more just a couple weeks ago, and they weren't as salty.  But strangly enough, I like the more salty ones better.

stormer

Joined Aug 21, 2012
Hi guys, thank for the invite! My name is Nels, and I am from Minnesota, moved down here to Overland Park a little over two years ago. I am a chef, and have been doing some smoking on an ECB for a while...my new Yoder YS640 is set to arrive tomorrow! Plan to make a lot of smoke this weekend!

if you ever have any food or culinary related questions, never hesitate to reach out, I'll answer whatever I can, and will leverage my professional network for what I can't! Y'all have been a tremendous resource to me both during my cooks, and when looking for a new smoker, so I definitely owe you!

Happy cooking!

Best,
Stormer

kingt36

Meat Mopper
Joined Jun 21, 2012
Since 2008, I've been living in Atlanta, GA, however I was born and raised in Wichita..

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.