Official Kansas Member Roster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rowdyrawhide

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Topeka, KS
Like the Title says

Just list your name and Location as specific or non as you like.  Only requirement is to be from the Sunflower State.  

My name is Aaron, I live a few miles north of Topeka now.  Born and raised on a farm in north central Kansas, southeast of Beloit about 30 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: The8thfold
Hello Thanks for the invite to join the group. As it says I live in Pratt. I was born and raised in Florida and have been living in Kansas since graduating from College.

Crazy

What a small world. My older brother lives in Fort Walton Beach. He is the only one still in Florida. We grew up in Myrtle Grove and I graduated from Catholic High in the early 70's.

Hi all,

I was looking around SMF and came across this group. Figured what the heck why not join, so here I am. I'm from Hutchinson, I'm told I'm a smoking fool, as I smoke year round. 

My name is Brad, I was born in Dodge City, lived in Liberal and Garden City, and have now been in Lawrence, KS for 27 Years.

Dustin from the wellington area. Doing my first contest this weekend for wellingtons yearly wheat festival. Wish me luck.

They have 4 catagories.  You can enter all, or just the ones you want.  Of course, I entered all.  Might as well rock this thing big, or crash hard, right?  lol

I'll be doing 2 pork butts, 1 brisket flat (just posted about this in the beef section), 3 racks of ribs and 2-4 chickens.  I bought 4 chickens, but depending on how things go, I may only cook 2.  If things are going good, and I have the extra time, I'll cook all 4.  I did my first chickens about a month ago, and the family LOVED it.  I think they were a bit salty due to me miscalculating the brine.  I did a couple more just a couple weeks ago, and they weren't as salty.  But strangly enough, I like the more salty ones better.

Hi guys, thank for the invite! My name is Nels, and I am from Minnesota, moved down here to Overland Park a little over two years ago. I am a chef, and have been doing some smoking on an ECB for a while...my new Yoder YS640 is set to arrive tomorrow! Plan to make a lot of smoke this weekend!

if you ever have any food or culinary related questions, never hesitate to reach out, I'll answer whatever I can, and will leverage my professional network for what I can't! Y'all have been a tremendous resource to me both during my cooks, and when looking for a new smoker, so I definitely owe you!

Happy cooking!

Best,
Stormer

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky