Nothing special

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Just another Mississippi roast cook I. The Ogallalla Cream can.
If you haven’t done a Mississippi roast before the recipe is here:

A7D46B64-9C7E-47B5-92CE-4027A2727E6E.jpeg

Seated the roast off before putting it in the cream can.

7CD640FB-8597-4E44-B2EF-C514A85126B2.jpeg

2.5 hours in the can. Fork tender. I strain the liquid and reserve it for Au Jus or gravy. Tonight I didn’t want to make gravy so it was Au Jus. Pile of pepperocini for toppings.
Roasted some taters, carrots and celery to go with it.

Gcomfort food.

04F9C1C8-1AF1-484C-80B1-E0F94D01FF20.jpeg

I still think the Milk Can Cooking is Cool! Had the Henderson's on my Amazon Wish List but it got pushed down and I forgot about it. The Meal looks Great...JJ

I still think the Milk Can Cooking is Cool! Had the Henderson's on my Amazon Wish List but it got pushed down and I forgot about it. The Meal looks Great...JJ
Yeah it works gray for things like roasts whole chickens, soups and stews. And of course low country boils.

I just received theee more bottles. I really like it better than Worcestershire.

Does the Pepperoncini add a lot of Heat and Vinegar to the Jus?...JJ

Nice cook . I think the can cookers are pretty cool too .
I like the Mississippi style roast . The peppers are a great flavor add . I always add a dill pickle if I'm not doing the Mississippi style .
That plate makes my mouth water .

I always add a dill pickle if I'm not doing the Mississippi style .

I add thin sliced Dill Pickles to my Beef Stroganoff.
Now I understand the flavor profile the Pepperoncini adds to the finished dish...JJ

Looks pretty special to me!! I'd love to be sitting down to a plate of that. Something about a slow cooked roast is just impossible to beat. Nice job.

Robert

Had the Henderson's on my Amazon Wish List but it got pushed down and I forgot about it

So Jimmy, I've read through this a couple times and cannot find anything related to Henderson's. What exactly are you referencing? If it was on your list it must be good...whatever the heck it is, and I might like to check it out.

Robert

Reactions: GaryHibbert
tx smoker tx smoker Here you go Robert...JJ

Borrowed from Wikipedia.
Henderson's Relish
is spicy and fruity and is not a condiment but a relish, produced in Sheffield in South Yorkshire, England. It is similar in appearance to Worcestershire sauce, but contains no anchovies. It is made of water, sugar and spirit vinegar with a selection of spices and colouring. It is gluten free, suitable for vegans and is approved by the Vegetarian Society.

Like many similar sauces, Worcestershire, Henderson's has a base of spirit vinegar, coloured with caramel and sweetened with sugar and saccharin. Its flavour is derived from Tamarind, cayenne pepper and garlic oil. A spice that distinguishes Henderson's from other English sauces is its use of cloves.
It is distinguished from other sauces, in that it does not use anchovies as an ingredient.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky