• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Nothing special

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Just another Mississippi roast cook I. The Ogallalla Cream can.
If you haven’t done a Mississippi roast before the recipe is here:

A7D46B64-9C7E-47B5-92CE-4027A2727E6E.jpeg

Seated the roast off before putting it in the cream can.

7CD640FB-8597-4E44-B2EF-C514A85126B2.jpeg

2.5 hours in the can. Fork tender. I strain the liquid and reserve it for Au Jus or gravy. Tonight I didn’t want to make gravy so it was Au Jus. Pile of pepperocini for toppings.
Roasted some taters, carrots and celery to go with it.

Gcomfort food.

04F9C1C8-1AF1-484C-80B1-E0F94D01FF20.jpeg

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I still think the Milk Can Cooking is Cool! Had the Henderson's on my Amazon Wish List but it got pushed down and I forgot about it. The Meal looks Great...JJ

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
I still think the Milk Can Cooking is Cool! Had the Henderson's on my Amazon Wish List but it got pushed down and I forgot about it. The Meal looks Great...JJ
Yeah it works gray for things like roasts whole chickens, soups and stews. And of course low country boils.

I just received theee more bottles. I really like it better than Worcestershire.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Does the Pepperoncini add a lot of Heat and Vinegar to the Jus?...JJ

indaswamp

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 27, 2017
chef jj, on the scoville scale, pepperocinos are 100-500, so not much heat at all. Just lots of flavor.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Nice cook . I think the can cookers are pretty cool too .
I like the Mississippi style roast . The peppers are a great flavor add . I always add a dill pickle if I'm not doing the Mississippi style .
That plate makes my mouth water .

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
I always add a dill pickle if I'm not doing the Mississippi style .
I add thin sliced Dill Pickles to my Beef Stroganoff.
Now I understand the flavor profile the Pepperoncini adds to the finished dish...JJ

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Nice looking deal there.

Warren

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Looks pretty special to me!! I'd love to be sitting down to a plate of that. Something about a slow cooked roast is just impossible to beat. Nice job.

Robert

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Had the Henderson's on my Amazon Wish List but it got pushed down and I forgot about it
So Jimmy, I've read through this a couple times and cannot find anything related to Henderson's. What exactly are you referencing? If it was on your list it must be good...whatever the heck it is, and I might like to check it out.

Robert

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
That looks real good to me, Case. And I've wanted one of those Cream Cans for a long time. Maybe one of these days...........
Gary

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
tx smoker tx smoker Here you go Robert...JJ

Borrowed from Wikipedia.
Henderson's Relish
is spicy and fruity and is not a condiment but a relish, produced in Sheffield in South Yorkshire, England. It is similar in appearance to Worcestershire sauce, but contains no anchovies. It is made of water, sugar and spirit vinegar with a selection of spices and colouring. It is gluten free, suitable for vegans and is approved by the Vegetarian Society.

Like many similar sauces, Worcestershire, Henderson's has a base of spirit vinegar, coloured with caramel and sweetened with sugar and saccharin. Its flavour is derived from Tamarind, cayenne pepper and garlic oil. A spice that distinguishes Henderson's from other English sauces is its use of cloves.
It is distinguished from other sauces, in that it does not use anchovies as an ingredient.

amazon" style="max-width:120px">

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.