Not looking good for us in Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Living in hurricane land is bad, but at least there is some warning that one is approaching. Tornado land, while damage is more localized, sucks worse because there isn't really any way to predict when and where they will hit.

That said, y'all be safe if you're in the path of this storm.

Prep complete here in Orlando. Not forecast to get it too bad, but looks like Cat 1 or strong TS just about over my house right now.

Cafe lights down, patio furniture inside, pool fence removed, and most importantly for this crowd the smoker and grill are securely strapped to a column - those puppies aren’t going anywhere!
1C7D2DEB-7AA2-4D25-AC80-D9CF4F58AA5D.jpeg

368710BB-6E7E-4C8D-94D3-11B9D157F9A4.jpeg

Hunker down and stay safe guys !
It's projected to be in my area Friday as a tropical storm. Area traffic picked up today and I'm sure it will steady tomorrow along
I-95 and I-16.

Keith

This mornings track has it dead on Tampa Bay (Bradenton, Palmetto.. that's me) as a 3... boarding up today...

Jerry... Thanks for the offer brother... but my biggest fear is getting stuck in traffic on the interstate with no gas to be had...

Praying that forecasters are wrong (as they usually are) and it changes before making landfall here....

Hang on tight everybody...
I wouldn't leave you sitting on the side of the road I have gas. We are no longer even in the cone of uncertainty

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Be safe everyone. I can't imagine what is going through y'all's minds.

9pm update has moved the track a little further N of me. We're still going to catch a big chunk of it as it slides up the coast.

Right now it looks like we are going to take a pretty good hit, as the NE quadrant will be at our door this afternoon. Hope it’s not a Cat 3 when it passes by. Also hope it doesn’t destroy Hammock State park like Irma did.
Al

Reactions: jaxgatorz
Right now it looks like we are going to take a pretty good hit, as the NE quadrant will be at our door this afternoon. Hope it’s not a Cat 3

Al, hope you do not get a major hit from this storm but does not look good for that area of Florida.
I know you are prepared , but it still sucks to go through these storms.
Hold on and duck down.
You are right Mother Nature is pissed .

David

My cousin and her family moved to Tampa from central NH this past Winter. They've never experienced a hurricane before.

So far so good. Winds are picking up but the rain side seems to have shifted to the W of the eye. Storm is just passing Naples. We're getting gusts up to 70 at the house.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky