Not looking good for us in Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My Best to all of you in the path on the way.
You guys usually bear the Brunt of the big storms, and wear them out before we get them.
The worst I was ever in was when I was stationed in Hawaii, back in 1970, and The Tsunami Hit there.
I was driving home from my Company HQ, and a tree went down in front of me.
So I started backing up, and another tree went down behind me. So I pulled over, parked it, and walked home to where we were living.

Usually all we get up here in SE PA is some high winds, and 10 to 16" of rain, as it passes by.

Bear

Hang tough Al...I don't wish the destruction on anyone, but it has been a relatively quiet season so far. We have a cold front passing through here Sunday night which is likely the reason it will turn north early to Florida...

I'll pray for ya Florida people, and I'll say like I always do, "If you can leave, leave, get the hell outta Dodge for awhile."
Stay safe y'all!

You guys can send it over to me here in Bama, we haven't had a big one since Sally.
And I've so much shit on my plate right now I can't possibly notice any more.

Al, since you are no stranger to storm damage and insurance claims, you are probably hip to this suggestion, but we always took a full roll of photos of the property, cars etc., a few days before the big storms, and had them developed so they were date stamped. This way we had solid proof of the pre-storm condition of everything.

Stay safe Al... At the moment I can't do any prep unless I do it in the dark.. We are working 12.5 hr days right on through it (maybe) .. Dunno when I'll get time... Bout ready to tell work to KISS MY @$$

Last I seen they said maybe a cat 3 ... is it still the same ??

Looks like it will pass us about 100 miles out if the projection doesn't change we might see 50 mph. Looks like it's going in to the N. I have crew all set up for Tuesday just in case. Time will tell.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokinAl SmokinAl fltsfshr fltsfshr
You've dodged this one, chance of tropical storm winds, but plenty of rain.

NOAA keeps updating their track Westwards, if this keeps up Pensacola will be the projected landfall. J/K but ya never know.
As it stands right now Tallahassee is the bullseye.
I predict it'll make landfall on the West side of the Big Bend area.

I just checked & the track has moved to the west a bit. I think here in Sebring we will be OK this time. In one way it feels good that we won’t take a direct hit, but I sure feel sorry for whoever does. Not going to look at the weather until tomorrow morning, then we should have a better idea of what preps to make if any! I hope your right on your prediction John!
Al

Looks like NOAA is keeping on track for Tallahassee, maybe a little East.
Lot's of time for it to wander a bit.
Yep seems they are trying to zero it in on me. Of course I don't much believe of what they say this early. The other thing I don't understand is how they are forecasting it to be a major hurricane in the gulf heading towards us then magically it's going to loose strength before it hits us still as a hurricane but not a major hurricane. I remember what they said about Michael and also remember it being high cat 4 or cat 5 when it passed 15 miles west of me. Hopefully they will get a better forecast in the next couple days

Piney, there is a cold front that is suppose to move through Louisiana on Tuesday. They are predicting high level wind shear that will bleed energy from the storm, so that's why they are projecting it weakening.

Everybody is really freaking out with this one. I think it is because they are so vague on the tracking. I still have a lot of damage to my house from a hail storm in April, that hasn’t been fixed yet. At least I do have a new 160 MPH roof, even though there is no gutter up there yet. I sure feel for all you guys on the west coast, and hope it misses you Piney!
Al

Best to prepare for the worst and get the least. Sounds like the front may hold it there for awhile so lot of rain. Stay safe all. . .

Started getting ready today. I'm just S of the projected cone but if it swings anymore E we could get hit very hard. I'm in Naples where are you?

Started getting ready today. I'm just S of the projected cone but if it swings anymore E we could get hit very hard. I'm in Naples where are you?

I’m in Sebring, this is where all the folks on both coasts come when these storms hit. But we are not out of the woods yet. I’ve been here for several hurricanes & we had a lot of damage from Irma a few years ago. So, not as bad as the coast, but still bad.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky