Not Enough

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Carvendive

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 15, 2018
NE Wisconsin
Today I did Beef ribs for the first time. Only problem is I should have doubled or tripled the ribs ( but I AM full). Absolutely no need for a knife.
Ribs, Rub and a mop sause of my wife's design. Applewood smoked to 160 at GT of 220 and then into the oven at 275 until a bamboo skewer 'slides' through. COULDN'T GET ANY SIMPLER.
IMG_20200704_183843149.jpg

Mmmmm it looks so good!
Congrats on your 1st ribs!
If u want to kick it up a notch, smoke with some Mesquite wood. Mesquite + beef is out of this world! :)

It all looks great to me, juicy beef ribs done to just about perfection, Like! RAY

So different. I brought them to 201 and they were stiff. I coated then with another mop and they dropped to 190IT. Brought them back up and still not done. I repeated this 3 times before the skewer test passed. That took another 90 min at 275. SO, definitely not done at temp. They are only done when they pass the skewer test.

Reactions: tallbm
So different. I brought them to 201 and they were stiff. I coated then with another mop and they dropped to 190IT. Brought them back up and still not done. I repeated this 3 times before the skewer test passed. That took another 90 min at 275. SO, definitely not done at temp. They are only done when they pass the skewer test.
Yep and a lesson well learned :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky