noob from Washington

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnvh

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
NW. Washington
Found the site on a smoker review on amazon. Bought a MES30 last night locally, been making wild game jerky in my oven and wanted a smoker for some time to do fish and meat in. I have Antelope, duck goose, bear, deer in the freezer so looking for fun simple things to do with it and more.

Ill be asking alot of questions Im sure.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum John, I know there are several Pac. NW'esters here who are hunters and fishers with some good advice on wild game..... closest I get to is to sneak up on a nice full packer brisket in the meat cooler of my local Cash-n-Carry. LOL

John welcome to SMF glad you joined us. Congrats on the new smoker. You'll find good info and some great recipes here. Have fun and happy smoking

Welcome to SMF. Lots of good people and info here! And welcome to your new addiction.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thank you guys! Im excited to get this thing working, been wanting one for a long time, my dad has two big chiefs, but I wanted something a little nicer for myself.  Looking for anything related to cooking in the mes30!

Welcome aboard.  You do realize you've started on a long trek down the slippery slope, don't you?  Can't help you much on the wild game stuff, like others I hunt the aisles of the local meat market looking for the elusive cut of meat, which at times can be as much a challenge as hunting in the Cascades.  Don't be shy about asking questions.  Somebody is bound to know something about it or knows somebody who is second cousin to the guy who might know something, if you get my drift. 

Excellent, thank you! Im just looking for simple stuff to get my feet wet, I dig this thing as its temp controlled and has a timer, more of a set and forget kinda thing once I get it figured out. Made Duck jerky in the oven the other day, and just want to expand my horizons. :)

Welcome to SMF. There is a forum on electric smokers. Just go to the top of the page. Click on forums & arrow down to electric smokers. There are a lot of folks here with Masterbuilt smokers, known here as MES. I have the 40" with the glass in the door. Ask any questions that come to mind. We are all here to help.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thank you everyone!

Ok, what is a qview?

Im also going to be building a wood fired smoker bbq out of aluminum, unless that is a bad idea? In the near future. Should be fun.

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome John to SMF.  You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction      

Smoked duck jerky in it last night, yummmm! Way better than the oven!  I did modify it already to smoke better though. :)  Might shove a chicken in it tomorrow!

How do I get off post moderation? I have made some other posts and they are being held because Im new :(

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky