No text box

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Has there been a change to the site in the last week??
99% of the time I can't reply to a post when I'm using my phone. The text box doesn't appear. Everything else does, but no text box.
I've rebooted my phone, made sure I've selected the mobile setting, logged out and in again.
Sure could use some help here.
Gary

SMF penalty box maybe? Two minutes for unnecessary texting. :)

Chris

I encountered the same problem starting a couple days ago. It only happens when I am using the Firefox browser. Also the Alert drop down menu is no longer there and clicking on it opens the full User page. Third thing, used to be that if I hovered over a thread title the first few lines of the thread would pop up. No more. The Forum works as normal using the Edge browser (except for the thread title preview popup which never worked in Edge anyway.)

Are you both using Firefox as your browser on the phone?

Also are these apple or android phones?

In my case I'm having the problem when using Firefox on a PC. (Firefox version is up to date, BTW.)

In my case I'm having the problem when using Firefox on a PC. (Firefox version is up to date, BTW.)

Are you able to try microsoft edge or internet explorer and tell me if its happening there also?

My phone is a Galaxy android using Galaxy Internet (whatever that is). I have no problems using my laptop with Chrome.
Gary

Are you able to download firefox from the play store and see if it is still happening?

Are you able to try microsoft edge or internet explorer and tell me if its happening there also?
The Forum works as normal using the Edge browser (except for the thread title preview popup which never worked in Edge anyway.) I don't have Chrome installed.

I just had the same problem. Went to fire fox help and it said to "refresh" fire fox. when I did this it added a new desk top folder that was named "old firefox data". I restated firefox and my text box came back....

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky