NHL playoffs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ernesttbass

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 18, 2015
Lakemoor Il
Anybody else a fan??   I can hardly wait for things to get going.   As always, I'll be routing for my beloved Blackhawks.

I have to admit though, that they sure don't look like a Stanley Cup team right now.   Need Kane back to have a chance.

Sure am and can't wait. Passion for hockey is beyond an obsession. Frozen four tonight and sat will lead up to nhl playoffs thru cup. Have been a Roenick fan since Hawk's drafted him, and got to see him play here in philly. Had the honor to meet him at the Flyer's wife's carnival. True sportsman. Even though flyers won't be in it, kicking the penguins and Sid the kid's a$$ was sweet enuff. Like they say, it's all been practice up till this point. My second fav team is the Hawk's and i'll be routing for them. Now back to flipping between boston vs nd and the flyers.

I remember seeing Roenick play at the old Chicago Stadium.  We could get nose bleed seats back then for about $15

Not any more.   I did make it to a Blackhawks Penguins game this year.  Lots  of fun.   

I don't follow NHL as much as I would like, but I'm going to try to pay more attention to playoffs this year. Here in Rockford we have the Icehogs (Blackhawks of the AHL). It's cheap, fun to watch the future NHLers come and go, and just as exciting. The Wolves (St Louis Blues I believe) aren't far and it makes for a hell of a rivalry.

I don't follow NHL as much as I would like, but I'm going to try to pay more attention to playoffs this year. Here in Rockford we have the Icehogs (Blackhawks of the AHL). It's cheap, fun to watch the future NHLers come and go, and just as exciting. The Wolves (St Louis Blues I believe) aren't far and it makes for a hell of a rivalry.
Like you said, minor league hockey is a lot of fun and a great value.  Going to a pro game can empty your wallet real fast.

I really should get to more AHL games as I live halfway between where the Wolves and Icehogs play.

As far as the playoffs go, I have a gut feeling it could be the Rangers year to win the coolest trophy in sports.

Not a Hockey Fan, Being here in East Texas Football  Baseball  & Basketball, even though Dallas has a Hockey team

Congratulations to the division winners!  Canadiens,  Rangers,  Blues and Ducks.    It's time for serious hockey now.

Im just glad the season is finally over and Sabres get McEichle. Im not for tanking (which the players and coaches did not do, Murray did) but im excited to get one of them.

Wow,  Blackhawks vs. Predators.  What a game last night!   The Blackhawks played like crap in the first period and gave up 3 goals.

They pulled Corey Crawford and put in rookie goaltender Scott Darling. The kid stopped all 42 shots on goal and had a shoutout the rest of the way.

Blackhawks win 4-3 in double OT!  That's playoff hockey!  Anybody else watch the game?  BTW  Getting up for work this morning was rough.

Quite a showing tonight by the Wild!!! Played more physical than St. Louis which was a nice suprize, but got interesting with about 5 min left. Can't wait till game 2! But work at 6 tomorrow... Won't be that fun

Quite a showing tonight by the Wild!!! Played more physical than St. Louis which was a nice suprize, but got interesting with about 5 min left. Can't wait till game 2! But work at 6 tomorrow... Won't be that fun
I hope this series goes the the full 7 games and you wear each other out.

I hope we can end it back in Minny, but I'm think it has a better chance at going 7. I hope the speedy hawks keep playing into double overtime as well so their legs will be gone!!
One hell of an effort by that rookie goaly the oter night in Nashville, will he start tonight?

I hope we can end it back in Minny, but I'm think it has a better chance at going 7. I hope the speedy hawks keep playing into double overtime as well so their legs will be gone!!
One hell of an effort by that rookie goaly the oter night in Nashville, will he start tonight?
Corey Crawford will be back in goal tonight.   There are quite a few around here that want Darling back in net.  I think coach Quenneville made the right decision to start Crawford.

BTW  I really want the Wild to do well.  Just not at the Blackhawks expense.

Most people in MN really respect the Hawks and would say they root forthem next after the Wild the only thing we don't like is How many Chicago sweaters are at the "X" all the time

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky