• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Next Years Cheese and Gifts

oregon smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2007
Thought i would toss this out...started the long process of my smoked cheese. Start with various cheese's that have been in the deep cooler for 1 year (40 + lbs) now the first wave of cheese in my smokers, probably three batches. as the cheese is pulled it is rested (to dry) then wrapped with cling wrap then shoved into the cooler again for three weeks. when i hit that date most will be waxed then put away another year....then enjoy, eat and pass out

Prior to getting hit with a long cool "Orange" dust smoke.

lemans

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 29, 2013
That's awesome. Waxed for a year. Gotta try that!

b-one

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 31, 2014
Nice load of cheese! Now we need crackers and sausage.:biggrin:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Yes sir!

That's a mess of cheese!

Al

oregon smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2007
Thank you guys, I will keep this saga updated...between the cheese I have some of Bear's dried beef...yes, great sammi meat

Tom

driedstick

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2011
OS that looks great!!! Nice job,,, and a full smoker at that!! POINT fur sure!! 

I need to get into this waxing thing!!

DS

oregon smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 16, 2007
OS that looks great!!! Nice job,,, and a full smoker at that!! POINT fur sure!! 

I need to get into this waxing thing!!

DS
DS thanks for the point. Waxing is definitely the way to go , great storage/aging and it does help with presentation (think gifts) :)

If you have any questions or need help message me anytime. Mr "T" helped me immensely when I started with the waxing.

Tom

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
I trust you have my mailing address.

Disco

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.