• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sticky2323

Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
Hey all! I have been lurking for months now and decided to finally officially sign up. Currently have a butt on a masterbuilt dual fuel smoker, got the propane going with Apple chunks. Recently did some baby backs with the 2-2-1 method and they turned out great. Hoping for another good turnout with the butt. Got the rub on last night, finally got a maverick setup in the smoker, and now it's a waiting game. I am going to spray with captain and juice at 100F and foil at 165F. It seems like I'm running a little warm, between 240-250 with the setting on low. I'm down in south Florida where it's currently 200F out. I was thinking of getting a needle valve for the propane tank. Thoughts? Also, just read a couple of threads about sand in the water pan. Is it worth it? Do you keep it uncovered? I have already opted for the cast iron skillet and disposable foil trays for the water pan and these mods have seemed to work great. I have already gained a ton from this site and look forward to much more. Thanks in advance!

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

Your questions would best be answered in the propane smoker section.

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky