• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cylinderman

Original poster
Nov 21, 2013
Hey folks! I just joined and am still trying to figure the site out, but I will figure it out soon. Two percent rule: ya have to be 2% smarter than whatever you work with (I may never figure this site out LOL! I hail from Warner Robins ga and have been smoking meat for some time now. I have decided to get serious about it since I visited a completion cook off a few weeks ago. Not that I want to compete, just do better and learn more about all things "Q." I have an upright cylinder that is 5' tall and 2' in diameter that I have been using for a while when I do large amounts of meat. It works really well, but I want to go to the next level and put a gravity feed system on it. Of course I have not seen a gravity feed system on a cylinder, so I am in virgin territory. I will try to upload a pic of my smoker.[ATTACHMENT=1030]image.jpg (223k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the group!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Thanks for the welcome Red. I have been wondering/working on my dilemma about adding gravity feed to my pit. I think I have some of it figured out; round tubbing for the charcoal shoot 6 inch ID and about three feet high attached to three inch tall box with a grate with rebar space about 3/4 of an inch on top of a 12x12x12 inch ash box with a door. Wish I had one of those programs other guys have to draw there builds out, but I just have to settle for an explanation.

Any thoughts?

Cyl

Hey Red,

Any thoughts on my cylinder problem?  Sure would be nice if I could get some help.  Kinda flying by the seat of my pants here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky