Newbie with first drum smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

drumline bbq

Original poster
Jul 20, 2016
Northern Michigan
Hello everyone. I'm new to smoking and BBQ. I own a Weber Kettle Grill and have used it to do whole turkeys, chickens, and everything else that you grill. But over the 4th of July I found a friendly Pork In The Park Rib cooking competition. I walked around that park all day long talking to all the different people competing for the best ribs award and now I'm hooked on trying to smoke and cook my own ribs and brisket and everything else you can smoke. Found this forum and I built a drum smoker. This is a picture of it with a fire in it to season the inside. Looking forward to learning a lot from here. Forgot to mention i live in northern Mi.

Last edited:
Sure is a Beauty!!
icon14.gif

Be watching for some Great Eats!!

Bear

Reactions: drumline bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky