Newbie with backstrap

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey guys, I wanted to post a pic of the deer dirty rice I made, since I mentioned it earlier in this thread I'm gonna post it here. Hijacking my own thread! ;p

Caramelized the onion, bellpepper, garlic in bacon drippins. Tossed in the ground meat plus celery powder, and cajun seasoning. After the meat was browned I tossed it with louisiana jasmine rice. My husband complained about the heat, I liked it but thought it was too salty, he liked the salt. doh! Anyway, I'm gonna toss some cheese in there next time I serve it. I'm giving cajun gold tips out here! Cheese will cut the heat a bit, also sugar, but sugar isn't appropriate in this instance IMO.
Do you like that jasmine rice? I have wondered about it but never got to try it yet. If you say it's worth it I will probably see about acquiring some. Also I hate to have to tell you this but that dish looks mighty good from up here! 
32.gif
   It made me hungry - I might go see if I can eat some real food now 
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

I got a 20lb bag of LA jasmine rice for Christmas!  It has kind of a slight herbal flavor and it's a sticky rice. But to tell you the truth, once you mix the rice with other food stuff, red beans, dirty rice, etc. I can't tell the difference.

Glad you are feeling better, and glad I could help stir your appetite!

However, it was nice to see that you are human after watching you make all that sausage like some kind of super being from outer space. ;p

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky