Newbie with a New Yoder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congrats! That’s a nice unit for sure.....I got my RT before the prices went up or I might have made a same choice

I was ready to pull the trigger on a RT before the price increase, but it wasn't in the cards. Hope you're loving it!

Welcome from Virginia! Huge congrats on your baby boy! Awesome job on figuring out how to pull off a Yoder too🤣 The money and confusion of the remodel is the perfect subterfuge🤔🤔🤔

Be warned, Sven is an enabler. You have a good size yard for your Lad to grow in….if you aren’t wary, it will soon be filled with expensive….and cheap, awesome rigs!

HAHA! He really is! At some point my wife will have words with him...

Congrats on the new rig, made pulled ham 1 time with a wild boar ham, came out very dry as there wasnt enuff fat, had to drown it with bbq sauce lol. .If I ever do another it will be wrapped at some point and maybe not took to a full pull temp and make it sliceable.

Interesting. I plan to wrap it today and spray it throughout with Apple Juice, I'll post how it goes.

Congrats on the new smoker and welcome from Texas!

Thanks!

Welcome to SMF. Many pellet smokers here to assist and such as needed. Congrats on the Yoder! Post up some cooks, we all love to see what others are makin!

Thanks!

Oh just passing along that having a pellet smoker and a 2 burner camp chef pro on the covered porch was our kitchen for a very long time....ie we moved into a newer house, oven gave up the ghost two weeks after we moved in, took 4 months to get our new ovens....only have them come with a forklift hole in it....we lucked out and the stole someone else's order so only another month wait......then the full kitchen remodel......We cooked everything (oven based) on the pellet for 6 months and about a month for pan based stuff on the camp stove for the remodel.......Oh an when I say everything....That includes 3 versions of wellingtons (Beef, pork, and brisket)....So having a wood fired oven is a PERFECT thing to have during a remodel!

That's GREAT to hear. Good to know it wasn't just clever marketing from me 😂

Welcome from the other coast - New York! I am glad I don't live near Sven Svensson Sven Svensson or I would probably have a Yoder and a Kudo next to my other devices

He's difficult to live by, that's for sure... but he lets me sample his jerky and ham, so I guess it evens out.

Welcome! I remember when my new Yoder looked like that over 4 years ago :emoji_laughing: Now it's filthy and has a little rust above the door but it runs like a champ!

I hope you enjoy your 640 as much as I have mine (it's been the BEST outdoor cooker I've ever owned)

Oh man! I'm hoping to keep it clean forever.... we'll see how it goes!

clifish clifish You are absolutely correct about Bay Area neighborhoods. I have a very understanding wife and a small backyard. My other hobby is Lego and we are out of room at home with my work office containing half my collection. So I'm trying to focus on my other hobby, smoking meat, since it's stored in my belly and there's always room for more. I even gave R RevSmoke my old Weber 22" and rotisserie just to make a little more room for the Kudu. I can store the three smaller ones on the sidewalk on the unused side of my house so they don't get in the way. Where there's a will, there's a way. And I keep telling myself I'm done now. I have all the genres of grilling/smoking, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: bauchjw and clifish
clifish clifish You are absolutely correct about Bay Area neighborhoods. I have a very understanding wife and a small backyard. My other hobby is Lego and we are out of room at home with my work office containing half my collection. So I'm trying to focus on my other hobby, smoking meat, since it's stored in my belly and there's always room for more. I even gave R RevSmoke my old Weber 22" and rotisserie just to make a little more room for the Kudu. I can store the three smaller ones on the sidewalk on the unused side of my house so they don't get in the way. Where there's a will, there's a way. And I keep telling myself I'm done now. I have all the genres of grilling/smoking, right?
I would have a hard time with a small plot of land. I have a decent one for Long Island about 3/4 acre. I have an inground pool and a 5000 gallon koi pond. Inside I have another 14 fish tanks. Right now in the back yard I have an electric smoker, 32" griddle and a gasser. I would love to either get a weber kettle or the Kudo.
lilly1.jpg
catfish2.jpg
pond.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky