Newbie Screw Up! Need help fast!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BeefBuddy

Original poster
Aug 22, 2020
So I have a Bradley Smoker and forgot to plug in the heating element to get the oven temperatures up.

I'm smoking a 12 lbs brisket and basically had it exposed to smoke for about 4 hours at a temperature of 180°F with the oven off. I then found the mistake and got the oven running at 260°F. Its now been smoking and cooking for an hour.

Im wondering if I should kill the smoke and just run the oven? There isn't really any bark that has formed because the temperature was so low.

Let me know what to do so I don't over smoke the brisket!

When do you need brisket finished ? Couple hours 260-300 deg and will have nice bark. once wrapped brisket will go from 155 to 203 IT in couple hours.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky