newbie here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smashing

Original poster
Nov 26, 2013
Hello from Arkansas! I've really got interested in smoking. Got my first smoker last month. A throw away my father in law had in his shop. A brink man vertical. It was all rusted out. Do I sanded it down, put a new coat of paint on it, made a few mods and smoke my first meat, a half a ham, for thanksgiving. It turned out awesome!

Welcome to SMF Smashing! My first smoker was a Brinkmann vertical. My oldest daughter stole it from me when I got my Propane GOSM. You didn't say but is your Brinkman an electric or is it charcoal? Not that it matters, just curious.

You'll find that SMF is a friendly, helpful site so don't be worried about asking questions-we're here to provide answers. Remember that the only dumb questions is the one that doesn't get asked!

Enjoy the Smoke!

One of my first smokers was an ECB  (El-cheapo -Brinkman) I turned out a lot of mighty fine Q. Still have one I drag out every once in a while. Nothing wrong with using what you got. In fact I have been to BBQ cook-offs and tasted better Q off some ECB than off some $10,000 plus cookers. Go to some cook-offs talk to fellow smokers and have fun.

Gary

Its a charcoal ecb. My buddy is building a 250 lb tank rf smoker on a custom trailer. Once he is done we plan to do a few competitions hopefully.

That's what mine is.   The competition will be fun. Probably when he is all done and ya'll do a couple of smokes, you'll be planning your RF build.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky