Newbie from Vancouver Island, B.C.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grill newbie

Original poster
Nov 22, 2013
View media item 270916
Hello everyone,

I'm Audrey and my husband Jack is the cooker. We live on beautiful Vancouver Island in B.C. Canada. We have always had a propane gas BBQ and love to grill all year. We even get out there when the temperatures get rather nippy. 

We recently purchased one of the larger Vision Grills Charcoal BBQ's and have been using a natural lump wood charcoal called Natural Blend Grilling. 

Hopefully we are not shunned from the group, we don't actually eat meat, but we don't hold anything against anyone that does :) Some might think it's odd and overkill for vegetarians to purchase such an expensive BBQ, but we like good food as well!  

We do eat all types of fish and some seafood, living in one of the salmon capitals of the world that is what we grill the most. 

We are very new to this type of BBQ and hope to get better at it as we practice. So far we have tried Salmon and corn on the cob, both were delicious. I've attached a photo of our first cook!

We've done a few other veggies, but we need to get the technique down. We want to try all other kinds of veggies and things like portabella mushroom burgers and pizza on the grill.

Cheers

Glad you joined us Audrey and Jack, :welcome1: from North Dakota!
I have looked at those Visions and look to be good, well made grills, nice looking cook you have going on with the salmon and corn, your gonna love it here!

Hey Audrey and Jack

Welcome from Alberta.  I used to live on the Island and I'm full aware that when you guys call the weather nippy, its kinda like summer in Drayton Valley  LOL  And to be honest, how could anyone not liked smoked salmon and corn on the cob!!

Gary

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

ReplyQuote  Multi

Hello Audrey and Jack...Welcome to the group!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

welcome to the group..

sounds like campbell river to me !!!!!1
im up in Terrace and we have bigger fish ...  ha ha ha

this site is just awesome and the help you can get is the best.

enjoy the site and your grilling

Welcome fellow BCite.

I think you will like it here, Audrey. I only started smoking last year and I have had so much help from this forum. There is a lot of information and the members are great people.

I look forward to your seafood posts!

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky