newbie from ohio saying hi!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mustangmike

Original poster
Hi all, i'm new to the smoking experience, just picked up a wood smoker from an auction and am going to start smoking some pork or beef soon.
I also brew my own beer, and just completed a batch of ipa that should be ready to drink in about a week.
so i would like to have a cook out and smoke some meat and drink some beer.
if anybody has any help for me on finding smoking wood in the dayton, ohio area, it would be gladly appreciated.

check out my myspace page too. at www.myspace.com/mustangmike_50

hope to hear from you all soon.
mike mcmillon
in tipp city/huber heights ohio

Welccome Mike,

Check your local hardware , or the big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes.
Let us know how you first smoke turns out, we love pictures . You may also want to check out TulsaJeff's 5 day ecourse he also has a new New and Free "How to Smoke Meat" eBook. Good Luck and enjoy!!

Welcome Mike!
You'll like this forum,everyone is so friendly and willing to help with any questions you might have.
We love pics of all kinds,food and equipment!
Keep on Smokin' !!

Welcome to SMF mustangmike. Glad to have you aboard. My oldest son is building a '79 cobra (seems to be taking forever) he's about done with the motor (331 stroker) then on to tranny etc. Anyway... looking forward to seeing your posts.

Check your local Wally's, Lowe's, Home Depot for wood or even local papers.

Keep Smokin

Welcome to the forum Mike. I look forward to your sharing of your adventures with us on the forum. Feel free to ask questions and to draw from the wealth of knowledge offered by the friendly folks on the forum.

hi Mike I live around 30 miles from you and we farm what kind of wood ya looking for try some of the ochards around you and if we trim some fence rows I will let you know there will be some mullberry and maple but I dont know when

Congratulations on finding us! welcome to SMF!

Lots to learn here ... enjoy
icon_exclaim.gif

Welcome MustangMike,your gonna like it here.So far as wood goes,just to get started,Home Depot here in Philly has a better deal on chunks than Lowes. But they only have hickory and mesquite.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky