Newbie from NorCal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

goodman916

Original poster
Nov 18, 2013
Sacramento, Ca
Hello All,

I enjoy reading the posts on the site and decided to join in.   I am new to smoking and recently purchased

my first smoker a Masterbuilt 2 door propane smoker. I have been practicing with poultry and less expensive

cuts of meat. The meats have turned out nice but I know there is a lot I will need to learn in order for them to

be consistantly tasteeeee.

I live in Sacramento but have lived in all parts of the US through the military. I enjoy church, family and

Oakland Raiders and University of Georgia football. Sic em Dawgs!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything  ........  
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome to the forums! Glad you joined our group. You'll like it here...it's the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc. Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will likely have the answer.

Red

Welcome Neighbor!  Have fun mastering your equipment!  I started smoking in August, pretty much non-stop, and this place has been fantastic for info!  I belonged to 3 other smoker forums but now spend all my time here. 

Be sure and post some pictures of your smoker and smokes.

Gary

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

GARY in EAST TEXAS

Welcome to the forums from the 916 and Happy Thanksgiving!  You have found the right place for BBQ knowledge and opinions.

The community loves to see the Q-View.  The search bar is your friend.

I try to smoke something every weekend if you ever want to watch the paint dry and drink beers.  Go Raiders!

Also hello to you Noboundaries.

Happy Smokin'

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky