Newbie from Delaware

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smiller15

Original poster
May 24, 2018
Hey all,

Been following this site for a while and excited to start my bbq journey. Im 28 and just starting to appreciate the art of low and slow cooking. My first challenge is gonna come this weekend smoking a 14 pound brisket flat on my 38” Smoke Hollow. I’ve seen a lot of great tips than span several years on these threads so looking forward to interacting with you all and picking up some new tips and tricks.

Reactions: SonnyE
Best of luck to you. Brisket is a daring first smoke. We are all rooting for you! Please post how it turns out.
At 14 it must be a packer.Are you going to trim? B

Hello Smiller! Welcome from England!
Good luck on the brisket. I still haven't tried one yet...these guys will get you through it though if you do encounter any problems.

Happy smoking
Charlotte :D

Best of luck smiller, that's a huge undertaking for a first smoke. Let us know if you need any help, and keep us posted.

Welcome aboard.
Chris

Thanks everyone. Going to start the prep work on it (trimming, injecting, rub) later tonight and then going to let it sit refrigerated for about 3-4 hours until 4 AM.

Not quite sure if it's a full packer because I'm not seeing a point to it, but I'm sure that will probably present itself as it smokes.

I'll post a picture and let you know how it turns out!

- Steve

Thanks everyone. Going to start the prep work on it (trimming, injecting, rub) later tonight and then going to let it sit refrigerated for about 3-4 hours until 4 AM.

Not quite sure if it's a full packer because I'm not seeing a point to it, but I'm sure that will probably present itself as it smokes.

I'll post a picture and let you know how it turns out!

- Steve

Steve well if your not seeing any point to it. Send it on over my way. I smoke that pointless piece of meat. :D

Seriously best of luck and remember to post back.

Chris

Just a little south of you in Middletown!

Hopefully you don't see the smoke of my house burning down tomorrow....but the brisket has been injected and rubbed. Sitting in the fridge now and I'll get everything ready to go in 3 hours or so.

Steve well if your not seeing any point to it. Send it on over my way. I smoke that pointless piece of meat. :D

Seriously best of luck and remember to post back.

Chris

Once I took it out and started the trim I found the point. It's a full packer.

Brisket - MMDW 18.jpg

That brisket looks marvelous. Juicy.

Point for sure.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky